PDA

View Full Version : Others reputation of consultant FPG

auto_art
2013-05-17, 10:41 PM
dear all please post your review with consultant named first point group.

is it good to join them for a year long contract?

mobilink999
2013-05-18, 07:19 AM
yes FPG is a genuine company. Do review terms of contract and once finalized go ahead.....remember contracting is all about risk.

striker
2013-05-18, 08:48 AM
Hi Autoart,

I've been working for them for 2 years they are okey..Sometimes there will be delay for the salary for a week but it's not always.

ledhie
2013-05-18, 01:02 PM
Hi Autoart,

I've been working with FPG for E******* and that's good contract. They have a lot of branch office , so which one office will offering you ? Nowaday FPG a lot offering for Huawei project.

auto_art
2013-05-18, 01:17 PM
Hi Autoart,

I've been working with FPG for E******* and that's good contract. They have a lot of branch office , so which one office will offering you ? Nowaday FPG a lot offering for Huawei project.

e******* thailand

auto_art
2013-05-18, 01:21 PM
is it a wise decision to take a year long contract leaving permanent job?

ledhie
2013-05-18, 01:35 PM
is it a wise decision to take a year long contract leaving permanent job?

Have you never been worked as contractor? If no, I think you should try it (with risk). But if you doing well, they will give other opportunity because they also need you to get the money.
Please keep it in mind that there's big difference load of work between work as contractor and permanent job especially for engineer level based on my work experience.

By the way, E******* Thailand, so you got offer from FPG Hongkong office ?

auto_art
2013-05-18, 01:45 PM
Have you never been worked as contractor? If no, I think you should try it (with risk). But if you doing well, they will give other opportunity because they also need you to get the money.
Please keep it in mind that there's big difference load of work between work as contractor and permanent job especially for engineer level based on my work experience.

By the way, E******* Thailand, so you got offer from FPG Hongkong office ?

yeaah..their HK office
i never worked on contract and keen to do so.

MINTO
2013-05-19, 01:42 PM
yeaah..their HK office
i never worked on contract and keen to do so.
Hi Friend,

FPG is a fine agency, but do your negotiation properly, once its settled, u will not get problem from them....and contract jobs are always risky...even if its a year long contract..they can end the contract anytime ( will give notice period money)...i am also a contractor...and like to work for 2 more years as contractor ;-)

babak1349
2013-05-19, 04:10 PM
Hello,
I have had deals with FPG twice. So I am gonna share my experiences with you in order to make the best decision and get required guarantees

1) Once I signed a contract with FPG and I booked flight to go to the project but half day later (as I contact them to book a hotel for me) they canceled the contract and I asked them they pay for flight ticket without me going there , they agreed but later they said they can not pay it off. Luckily I booked a ticket which I could cancel and get my money back.
2) I signed a contract with proper position I went to the project place and I saw the job is not like as the offered position But I finished my contract and then didn't renew it
Those are my experiences with FPG (even though some very nice guys are working in FPG)

You should understand that's the nature of agency, if you make less money, they make more money and besides in contracting job there is high risk So we get paid for risks which we are taking
My suggestion is to:
1) ask for proper rate to cover your risks
2) Get proper guarantees in order to reduce your risks (notice period, penalties for canceling contracts)
3) keep an eye always on upcoming positions to get better offer

Hope my experiences and suggestions help you to make the best decision

Cheers

ledhie
2013-05-20, 07:42 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry if my description is not accurate for the current situation that can harm your decision. Indeed I have a contract with FPG 5 years ago at that time FPG only have one office located in London and that good contract. I do not know for contract negotiations at the moment with FPG , especially after FPG has many branches.

As Babak information above, for no 1, I 've been experienced before (not FPG ) and never trust them anymore as good agency.

Hope those information can help you.:handshake

mobilink999
2013-05-24, 03:11 AM
If you are single you can take risk. Also if you are manager it will be difficult to switch to contracting initially. Remember you will have to kill your ego and overlook alot of things. Customer can be irrational but u have to deal with it. Also your lifestyle will change as nothing will be permanent.

chefo
2013-05-29, 04:49 PM
I've been contracting for 8 years now - my current contract is with FPG HK, no complaints whatsoever, except for slightly delayed monthly payments, but I would survive that :)
My advice to all who are about to start contracting: never trust agencies, always read carefully your contract conditions, ask as many questions as you could think, and try to predict the possible traps in the new job. Consider the rate, working hours (overtime), accommodation, transport, local taxes (!!!), etc.
Normally responsibilities are "to be dictated by the client" meaning disregarding what the agent tells you, you might be asked to do anything, be prepared for this. Contractors are like telecom whores, they get paid well, but they will have to do dirty things as well :)))

Hey babak1349, this with the flight could happen with any agency, and trust me - no one will do anything to give you any money if you haven't started work.

Good luck to auto_art!