PDA

View Full Version : CS Cell based traffic counter in wcdma?

samuraial
2013-05-03, 10:36 PM
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a counter that can measure the traffic generated in CS mode in the wcdma.
One counter similar at VS.CSLoad.Erlang.Equiv.RNC counter.

Thanks in advance.

babak1349
2013-05-03, 11:34 PM
Hi Mate,
I found this counter:
VS.AMR.Erlang.BestCell The traffic should be in BEST cell always
that counter isd part of "Measurement related to throughput and data rate per cell(THRUPUT.Cell)"

Cheers

rfsupp
2013-05-04, 04:13 AM
per cell? Can be:

VS.AMR.Erlang.BestCell or VS.RB.AMR.DL.12.2

babak1349
2013-05-04, 04:26 AM
Hi rfsupp,
VS.RB.AMR.DL.12.2 can not be correct counter because it is showing the traffic for any cell in Active set It may show cell load But it doesn't show the traffic (impact of SHO is included) So if you want to see Traffic in Erlang and to see how user traffic is I think only "VS.AMR.Erlang.BestCell" should be used

Cheers

per cell? Can be:

VS.AMR.Erlang.BestCell or VS.RB.AMR.DL.12.2

rfsupp
2013-05-06, 10:04 PM
Yes, I know.
But you asked me the ways to see the traffic, so in the end depend your type of analysis.

BR,

babak1349
2013-05-06, 10:40 PM
hi,
there is another interesting poing about "VS.RB.AMR.DL.12.2"

Measurement point
The number of AMR users with each UL or DL rate is sampled every 30 seconds in the cells in the active set. At the end of the measurement period, the value of each counter is obtained as follows: dividing the accumulated value of each sampling point by the number of sampling times.

Formula

as you can see the sampling is done every 30 seconds and the statistics way number of sum of of UEs divided by number of samples gives the traffic in Erlang

30 seconds for sampling is too long (for example in E******* it is 1 second) when you are calculating the Traffic in Erlang (MHT is comparable). so I think that counter wouldn't be a good option to calculate the traffic in erlang in any case

cheers

Yes, I know.
But you asked me the ways to see the traffic, so in the end depend your type of analysis.

BR,