PDA

View Full Version : 2 SPU pairs working as RUCP in the same usbrack

javierinfante
2013-04-24, 03:51 AM
Hello:
We have the 2 SPU pair units working as RUCP in the same subrack in our network, but I dont have the documentation that explain/describe this feature, could anyone provide, how it works, advances, know problems if any..etc.
thanks

rfsupp
2013-04-25, 02:35 AM
Here is the brief description:

In terms of logical function, the SPUa/SPUb board can be categorized into two types: Resource Management and UMTS RNC Control plane Process (RUCP) and UMTS RNC Control plane Process (UCP).

Subsystem 0 of the RUCP SPUa/SPUb board is the Main Processing Unit (MPU). The MPU manages other boards, such as the SPUs, DPUs, and interface boards in the same subrack.The RUCP SPUa/SPUb board can be removed only by modifying the MML command script in ineffective mode.

The MPU is not contained in the UCP SPUa/SPUb board and all subsystems are Signaling Processing Units (SPUs). The RUCP SPUa/SPUb board carries only the NodeB and transmission links.The UCP SPUa/SPUb board can be removed in effective mode.

javierinfante
2013-04-25, 02:50 AM
Thank you for the post, but this is what I can find in the Hedex, what I need to know is which is the advance
to have two RUCP pairs in the same subrack, in the past only one pair could be RUCP, the feature description how does it work, and if any known problem.

rfsupp
2013-04-30, 06:46 AM
No no this situation isn't problem (I dont remember for release before R11/R12) .

Actually you really need that this board work as RUCP(MPU), if your RNC has a high traffic. Otherwise you will overload the MPU and the result isn't good.

ivanbrij
2013-04-30, 11:43 AM
Dear Javier,

If you have two or more pairs of SPU boards in a subrack, HWI recommendation is to configure two pairs of SPU as RUCP.

BR,

JB