PDA

View Full Version : Map for planning tools?

Stealth
2009-03-10, 04:12 AM
Hi experts,

I'm still learning how to use TCPU.
Do I need a map to run this application?
If yes. What kind of map? How can I get it?

hassen
2009-03-10, 06:04 AM
Hi experts,

From Manual E*******
TEMS CellPlanner Universal supports the following map data formats:

Geobox format
Planet/EET format (equal to TEMS Cellplanner 3.x and 4.x map format). Some restrictions exist regarding folder names (and position within the folders), mixed resolutions and vector building data with height information.
Gen format (with some restrictions)
MapInfo export format (Mid/Mif). Only for vector and closed polygon data and not height information or measurement files (point data)
Image file formats (TIFF, GIF, BMP, JPEG…). A corresponding index, TFW or similar file must first exist
Before using raster map data (elevation, landuse, buildings, traffic and images) in TEMS CellPlanner Universal it must be preprocessed to internal MRR format. Preprocessing map raster data is described in the chapter titled “Preprocess Raster map data” in the TEMS CellPlanner Universal Common Features User’s Guide. Vector and text data do not need to be preprocessed and can be used as they are (in Geobox format).

The main reason for preprocessing the raster map data is to support maps with different resolution in the same project and the maps will also be faster in re-displaying and zooming in and out than previous formats.
Good Luck !
Hassen

hassen
2009-03-10, 06:24 AM
Hi experts,

if you have old TCP map data you have to convert to geobox format
see this link for instructions .
http://www.e*******.com/solutions/tems/downloads/TCPU_mapdata_conversion_PlanetrevB2005-01-12.pdf

br hassen