PDA

View Full Version : Help, How to put google earth images as background in Asset???

nhato
2009-03-06, 01:14 AM
How to put google earth images as background in Asset 6.0......

I've downloaded google earth tool, I download pictures from google, and the the tool generate an index file.

But, I can't put this images over my map.

Anybody can help me????:confused:

venom
2009-03-06, 02:03 AM
I didn't try it bruv but there are 2 ways to load tab and images in ASSET

1. Register your google earth image on Mapinfo and make a tab, save it with the correct projection and then load it in ASSET

2. There is another way of using it in backdrop images, index file tells ASSET where actually the bitmap or jpeg images are placed, if you are having the index file in the same folder then there will be the list of filenames (jpegs or bitmaps) only but if you have placed in a subfolder then the index file will tell you the name of the folder and then the filename. For example you have created the subfolder with the name "50" (I have named it 50 to represent the 50m resolution images), then you placed all your images in the 50 subfolder. the index file must contain the list of the filenames but starting all filenames with "50\"

Just give the directory in Aerial Images (project settings) and load your project, i hope it will help you :)

nhato
2009-03-06, 02:18 AM
I didn't try it bruv but there are 2 ways to load tab and images in ASSET

1. Register your google earth image on Mapinfo and make a tab, save it with the correct projection and then load it in ASSET

2. There is another way of using it in backdrop images, index file tells ASSET where actually the bitmap or jpeg images are placed, if you are having the index file in the same folder then there will be the list of filenames (jpegs or bitmaps) only but if you have placed in a subfolder then the index file will tell you the name of the folder and then the filename. For example you have created the subfolder with the name "50" (I have named it 50 to represent the 50m resolution images), then you placed all your images in the 50 subfolder. the index file must contain the list of the filenames but starting all filenames with "50\"

Just give the directory in Aerial Images (project settings) and load your project, i hope it will help you :)

Thanks, I'll try both alternatives........... Before, I was trying with backdrops, but I did not know that each image filenames must start with the resolution.

Thanks again, I will tell you how I'm going.

BR

Nhato :p