PDA

View Full Version : tutorial reporting with mapinfo (Request)

cmpq
2009-02-26, 01:53 AM
can you help me to explain about reporting DT with map info?

Thanks

justdream
2009-02-26, 04:58 AM
My opinion:

1- show the signal strength

2- show the CID

3- show Interference

mmmm, where are you standing exactly?

hassen
2009-02-26, 05:16 AM

Thanks
export logfile from TEMS to Tab file only coord X Y and for example Rxlev
import to mapinfo.
from tool Mapinfo Map create thematic map use this application in order to create legende as example green for rxlev between (-90 ,-85).

cmpq
2009-02-27, 08:17 AM
My opinion:

1- show the signal strength

2- show the CID

3- show Interference

mmmm, where are you standing exactly?

i am in java

thanks

-cmpq-

krobelux
2009-05-09, 11:53 AM

Thanks

please give clear explanation about reporting DT in mapinfo, do you mean hou to create statistic from mapinfo or what kind optimization do you mean..
thanks in advance

venom
2009-05-09, 01:50 PM

Thanks

It seems u r new in MapInfo, please try to get in to intermediate level, understand the mapinfo layers, playing around with its cosmetic layer etc, Once you are done then the reporting becomes easier for you !! Remember Mapinfo doesn't do automatic reporting like Post Processing tools, if u write queries then it can play around with the columns but again that is beyond your scope at this stage.

MapInfo takes the .tab file , which you can generate from third party tools, if you dont have third party tools then you can import the xls sheet with the information given in it. For example, you can just give the Lat and Long in XLS sheet and then import it in mapinfo then u can draw the points, thats how easy it is. But in DT report you dont actually need this, you need to have the SITES displayed first, to display sites, use the third party tool, for example SiteSee, or Gtool or MCOM or etc. Once site is displayed you want to display ur DT route. You can export the TAB from TEMS file or NEMO Export Wizard (if using NEMO Outdoor). I am not going to explain how to create the tab from DT tool because this is what you should know when u r doing a DT, just export the required parameters, thats it

When the tab is created, open it in mapinfo, the next step is to make a thematic, again if u r unfamiliar with mapinfo interface, u have to learn it, go to Map and create thematic, thematics will give the colors to define ranges, which actually classifies ur input object/tab. You can draw thematic to rxlev, quality, c/i, BCCH etc

If you want more things to display like Google Earth Image then use the tool Mapinfo2Google or GEScene, or MapperG etc. Once you get the required display in MapInfo, take the snapshot, either from ZapGrab or Grab it !

Open powerpoint presentation with ur company background and then post the plots with some background of ur activity and the problems found during the activity. You can highlight the bad quality patches or interfered area etc in it !!

Usually reports are made with the benchmark (pre and post), so it is better that if u r doing some activity then plot the pre-activity plot and then post-activity plot to show the difference and how you have improved the user perception, i hope that helps, cheers !

Bloker
2009-12-27, 10:52 AM
what is said earlier is all right, i just want to add a couple of things, mapinfo is very useful to report snapshots for diff statistics and as a great planning tool; the below are some common stats to look at in mapinfo or to report in mapinfo:

1. Rxlev distribution: showing coverage levels from TEMs /NEMO drive test exports using thematic maps, as described earlier

2. RxQuality distribution: showing coverage levels from TEMs /NEMO drive test exports using thematic maps, as described earlier

3. displaying drops locations,

4. displaying BSS and LAC borders using thematic maps as well.

5. creating thematic maps for different categorizations for any statistics; ex: cells with >2% Blocking, cells with >200 drops, etc

and with time you will adapt mapinfo to tools you use!

hope this would help!

please add rep :)

shuhratech
2011-03-15, 09:50 PM
Hello,

below you can find Step by Step Drive Test and Post Processing Using TEMS and MAPINFO:

Step by Step Drive Test and Post Processing Using TEMS and MAPINFO (http://sinauonline.50webs.com/dt/drivetest.html)

BR,
shuhratech

maahsan
2011-03-16, 01:44 AM
very informative link.

gigel
2011-03-16, 03:30 AM

Thanks

you can use map for statistics, neighbor planning, line of sight check if you have dtm map and vertical mapper, comparisons between different layers/data

baig_kashan@yahoo.com
2011-03-19, 05:00 PM
is it possible to check the LOS in Mapinfo?

how can i get DTM maps

I have TCPU mapfiles which are in .mrr format . can i convert into DTM format.

gigel
2011-03-19, 05:07 PM
yes you can check the LOS in mapinfo, look for vertical mapper around the forum and install it.
you will need dtm map in vertical mapper grd file

shuhratech
2011-03-26, 03:57 PM
Can be helpful:
http://www.finetopix.com/live-optimization/14345-tools-mapinfo-3.html#post121915

capcipcup
2011-07-18, 07:25 PM
would expret give thematic map region ranges for
GSM :
- RxLev Full (dBm)
- RxLev Sub (dBm)
- RxQual Full
- RxQual Sub
- SQI
- Cell Id

WCDMA :
- SAN CPICH Ec/No