PDA

View Full Version : I can ping the router from laptop but the router can't ping NodeB

cool_guy4ever15
2012-12-26, 06:39 AM
Hi all,

I got a very strange problem that i have RBS 3308 and it is integrated but when it is connected normally to the Traffic node the site is not pingable but when i give my laptop the NodeB IP and connect it to traffic node i can ping the router and the router can ping the laptop. i checked the configuration of NodeB and its true i changed the cables but still not pingable tomorrow i'll try to replace the ETMFX board and see but i think its not the problem as this is a new RBS with all new boards so sis anyone face this problem?

sems3m
2012-12-29, 10:05 AM
dear,
for your problem you have to clarify more as some steps but i will give you some steps for that
1. check first that your port work probably by testing using jdsu analyser by looping back to rnc
2.check configuration of ethernet on tn as vlan,RLMIE in single mode,lan uni,wan inni and tagging method
3.rnc configuration or router configuration may be not complete or missing so plz return back to your integrator for this case

balaprashanth90
2013-10-24, 08:28 PM
Hi man! If you could ping the gateways using routers and could not ping it from the nodeB, its meaning that the traffic node have no issue in it. All you need to check is your NodeB. Most of the people will have the mistake over the vlans in nodeB. So you can better check the OAM and Iub vlans of the nodeB are same and correct as you defined in the Traffic node. And check the routing table in the nodeB as well.