PDA

View Full Version : Which path to choose (NPO Engineer)

cm_rao29
2009-02-21, 02:03 AM
Hi Senior members,

I would like to seek some suggestion from experts on career path to choose in telecommunication industry...

I have about 4 years experiences in this field.. started with DT engineer for 2g then moved to 3g. after 2 years gained some nominal cell planning and moved on in cluster optimization for 2g. not an expert but in learning process.

then started with 3G cluster optimization by assisting senior optimizers.

All the will started with Siemens background... and once got merged with nokia its knows as NSN.

form what i for see siemens tech is vanishing....

my worry is now... what should i pick up?

1) stick to optimization??

2) pick up Planning??

3) venture in depth for performance monitoring??

4) pick up netact and modules(optimizer, netras and ect...) in it??

5) or venture for other better opportunities?

all my worry is i didnt master or become an expert in a specific expertise.

Thank you for your feedback and your precious time..:confused::confused:

Processor
2009-02-21, 03:40 AM
@ cm_rao29

Pardon me cos i'm not an expert as sought after in your post but i know a thing or two about the industry:p

You sure are an example of the saying "Jack of all trades but master of none" , however, you should know that all hope isn't lost yet cos for me your background is all dat counts and you have a solid one in radio.

Judging from your background i would advise you stick to radio optimization reason being that its the only field or expertise that will never fade. Even when all networks refuse to rollout anylonger(thats if it ever happens) or due to losses, start cutting down on workforce, OPTIMIZATION is a field/expertise that will always be required for telecomms business to continue.
Imagine how many networks in the world all jostling for users to come on their network and the only way they can push on is if you help(getting paid of cos) by keeping their network quality good.

And from little experience, you can't become a good optimizer by going for trainings......YOU GOTTA WORK IT!!!:D

You got a whole lotta time...so stop brooding and start perfecting on your skills and add where necessary.

WISH U ALL THE BEST:hug: