PDA

View Full Version : Moving from Technical to Management

apo7
2012-10-22, 02:08 PM
Dear all,

Recently, I receive offer to become Project Manager cum RF Manager for one project. Anyone can share their experience moving from technical to management field in telcos. Is it possible for anyone to go back to technical once they have move on to management? Which path leads to better career advancement and better pay?

Thank you.
APO7

SCHERIFFHELMY
2012-10-22, 05:42 PM
Dear
I never heard about somebody who returned back to technical after choosing the management career , but staying in technical field makes you distinguished when ever you keep the no how info , also technical is same in whole world , but as a manager benefits may only be in money and authority , also it is not same in whole world you may be a successful manager in one country but due to diff in culture you are not same in other country

truongke
2012-10-23, 02:55 AM
good ! Try on yr best !!!

Darko
2012-10-23, 03:24 AM
My friend moved to Management, but after his assignment ended (after almost 2 years) he felt a little bit lost after being outside of his normal field of expertise :)

D33T0X
2012-10-23, 05:11 PM
The higher you climb the harder you fall - managerial positions may be better paid but they come with increased responsibility, risk, stress, you name it. I've done some management - didn't like it. Feel much more comfy in a technical position.

pravdivi
2012-10-23, 05:38 PM
I think moving from technical to PM is next step in personal development. Anyway you always can move back to technical

dimooon11
2012-10-23, 10:37 PM
If there is opportunity then you have to choose embark on it or not. For someone it is advancement for others it is not.
Management is another path you can take and it requires some different skills to have and further to develop them.
It is possible to return in tech field but you may find your knowledge a little bit outdated and you may find you spending more time to perform routine operations.

jafs86
2012-12-18, 12:39 AM
Good luck, be ambitious!

croleg
2012-12-18, 04:34 PM
I think that eventually engineers work that managers were able to profit.

firstmaxim
2012-12-20, 12:35 AM
You should simply take the offer. Any higher level responsibilities in management will require more project management and business skills, while you will need to see the larger picture as well as technical knowledge is concerned.

ashraferto
2012-12-20, 02:22 PM
Go Ahead, cuz its depends on the operators or vendors, may be less responsibilities and much more money ;)

ash_or
2013-01-12, 10:10 AM
in technical we also facing time management, technical management. some time we not realize this fact.