PDA

View Full Version : Multi Carrier EVDO Networking

T_ADD
2012-09-29, 06:12 AM
Hi, does anyone have any experience with setting up 2 EVDO carriers on 1 BTS? This will require 2 channel boards. Is there any document available.?

I want to implement this together with HHO between these 2 carriers with (different frequencies) in 1 BTS with 2 channel cards (CECM).

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.

jamesbond
2012-09-29, 02:12 PM
HHO would not be possible. Just add another carrier with its neighbours on the same channel.
If system is Rev.B supported then for binding you will have to define both the carriers as Rev.B, otherwise Rev.A carriers.

For DBS BTSs 3 carriers/sector/HECM (EVDO Channel card) is possible. For upto 12 SCs configurations maximum at a site, you will need 2 HECM cards.
For 3606 BTSs, as you wrote, for second carrier you need to add CECM.

BR

T_ADD
2012-09-29, 02:24 PM
Why would HHO be not possible? If we use the same channel for the 2nd set of 3 carriers, won't it interfere with the existing set of 3 carriers?

For 1x we've done dual carrier networking but use different channels for the 2 sets of 3 carriers. Should not EVDO be the same.

All carriers will use same PN and neighbors related as usual.

We use 3606 so yes CECM. Thanks very much for your input but please elaborate.

jamesbond
2012-09-29, 03:41 PM
I have said only that HHO between two EVDO carriers not possible.And, if you succeed plz let me know.

T_ADD
2012-10-01, 06:25 AM
Hi jamesbond, I think you can. Check this command and tell me what you think. Thanks.

Add EV-DO HHO Target Carrier

Command NameADD DOHHOTRG
Command Function This command is used to add target carrier sets of the EV-DO hard handoff.
The EV-DO RTD hard handoff, EV-DO DRC hard handoff, and EV-DO LINK QUALITY hard handoff share an EV-DO hard handoff target carrier set.

Note 1) The center carrier and the target carrier are real carriers. The center carrier cannot be an external carrier or 1X carrier, and the target carrier cannot be a 1X carrier.
2) A center carrier can be configured with a maximum of six target carrier sets, and band classes or channel numbers vary with target carrier sets. This command is executed to configure a target carrier set each time.
3) A target carrier set consists of a maximum of six target carriers.
4) The target carriers in the same target carrier set have the same band class and channel number.
5) The center carrier and the target carrier are marked in this format: BTSID-CN-SCTID-ARFCN-BNDCLS (BTSID-BTS ID; CN-Cell ID; SCTID: Sector ID; ARFCN-Channel Number; BNDCLS-Bandclass).
6) The target carriers in a target carrier set are separated with commas.
7) To ensure that the intra-frequency hard handoff takes priority over the inter-frequency hard handoff, intra-frequency hard handoff target carrier sets should be configured with priority.
8) For the band class information, refer to the instructions on the ADD CDMACH command.

NPERF
2012-10-12, 04:04 PM
Its possible to have two EVDO carriers in one 6850 Huawei Board. but i wonder why do you want to do HHO(Hard Hand off ) between these two carriers. Defining HHO Carrier wont send out control channel over the air and hence you wont see ant orgination calls on the HHO carrier. this would unnessary load you primary carrier and you land up in problems like bloaking poor user throughput in primary carrier. the primary carrier will only HO to target sector once the primary carrier is loaded to a set threshold.'

So it is not a good idea to define the HHO in EVDO network. Also to add up max evdo connection whould be nomadic user than moving.

T_ADD
2012-10-13, 10:51 AM
Yeah that's ok. I was just trying to work out how EVDO multi-carrier would work in case I had to do one. But I won't need this anymore. Since any CDMA/EVDO related response on this forum is so damn slow, I raised a ticket with Huawei to see if they ever did such a thing anywhere else. They told me I could do dual carriers (just as some us thought), but then it would not be practical because then with 2 carriers you would congest on the E1 side of things. A 3606/3606C BTS can only connect to max of 8 E1s. Say 1 or 2 are used for 1x and the rest for DO, with 2 carriers they won't be enough. This is what I had suspected and they confirmed my doubts.

The solution is to add another BTS in vicinity.

krobelux
2012-10-15, 12:01 PM
MC EVDO HO can be done at RevB onwards technology, if you want use HHO intercarrier for balancing network try to used command like below
MOD DOACAP
it will push user to another carrier EvDO RevA if the carrier already overload
CMIIW

bekti
2012-10-18, 12:55 PM
nice info mr Jamesbond.... and thanks u....