PDA

View Full Version : Baseband pool for EUL

etdoja
2012-09-19, 10:03 PM
Hi folks,

I've a very interesting quetion for all the senior optimisation guys around here.

Along with a feature implementation of dual carrier, hybrid connectivity in transmission and IFLS I made a deep analysis, especially in one of the very high loaded (hot spot) cells in my area.
In this analysis I found out, that the 3G RBS overall reaches only 96 EUL user in summation. What is strange, is that we defined 32 maxNumEulUsers and 32 eulServingCellUsersAdm for each carrier (sector 1 carrier 1,2; sector 2 carrier 1,2 and sector 3 carrier 1,2). So I expected to see up to max 64 EUL per sector.

Therefore I took a deep dive into EMA and other E******* documentation and found out, that 1 baseband pool only can manage up to 96 EUL user.
But the configuration in this site has 2 HS-TX60 and 4 HS-capable RX boards.
The parameter numEulResources in EMA is set to 0 for sector 1/carrier 1 and set to 1 for sector 1/carrier 2. Does it mean, that only one basband pool (so only 96 EUL users) are defined? And if so, is it possible to set both to 1 to enhance the EUL user capacity? :confused:

Thx in advance for all hint
BR

wolverine
2012-09-19, 11:00 PM
If I understood your question correctly, you want to enable EUL across two baseband pools. In order to do this you will need the feature FAJ 121 1518, EUL for large RBS configurations

etdoja
2012-09-20, 12:51 AM
@wolverine

..and than it will be possible to have 96 EUL(1st baseband pool) + 96 EUL(2nd baseband pool) user in max. per RBS?

wolverine
2012-09-20, 02:31 AM
That is correct, but if you want an official response your local E******* account team should be able to confirm this.

@wolverine

..and than it will be possible to have 96 EUL(1st baseband pool) + 96 EUL(2nd baseband pool) user in max. per RBS?

husam
2012-10-07, 11:12 PM
what is vale the Licenced CEin the RBS?