PDA

View Full Version : In-building Walk Test with Nemo Outdoor

cell_nokia
2012-08-30, 11:47 PM
I have Nemo Outdoor SW + Nokia Phone. Is it possible to use it for walk test?
This is because I want to save cost from new Nemo handy. Thank you very much.

PS. I have same question for TEMS investigation too but may need to ask in difference forum.

Jerry
2012-08-31, 12:22 AM
Yes. Both support indoor walktest.

Trompo
2012-08-31, 10:00 AM
you need NTN firmware (as expensive as Nemo Handy) for your Nokia Phone to connect to Nemo Outdoor, or you can use another phone like phone with Qualcomm chipset (some Samsung/LG phones).
BR

cell_nokia
2012-09-01, 05:36 PM
you need NTN firmware (as expensive as Nemo Handy) for your Nokia Phone to connect to Nemo Outdoor, or you can use another phone like phone with Qualcomm chipset (some Samsung/LG phones).
BR

You mean some Nokia UE need special firmware to do this task. If it is so, how can I check it?
Thank you.

Trompo
2012-09-02, 02:50 AM
You can check in Device Manager, when you connect it you must see 3 different port or you can download Nemo Outdoor 5.6 on this forum and check if you can connect it.
BR

You mean some Nokia UE need special firmware to do this task. If it is so, how can I check it?
Thank you.

sedicla
2012-09-03, 06:38 PM
If you want to check just coverage try to use a Qualcom Modem and Nemo Outdoor use it on idle mode and you get a very good ideia about coverage.

BR.

ching2-o
2012-09-04, 01:28 PM
Off course you can use it just like TEMS, as long as Indoor from your Nemo Outdoor license was ENABLED. Regarding your handset, i agree with sedicla, better use Qualcomm chipset phones/modems if your Nokia handset was not Outdoor-ready. But if it was already Nemo ready phone then no problem you can use it with your nemo depending on what version of nemo was supported.

bssmsm
2013-01-29, 03:30 AM
Try to make walktest with samsung phones:

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?33468-Easy-procedure-to-connect-Samsung-phone-to-NEMO

ltecity
2013-04-04, 07:11 PM
Special firmware or license used for Engineering handset.Normal phone cant do it.
Some of samsung and huawei dongle supports but it gives some information only like RSCP,EcIo,CID and PSC.
But if you want details than you have to go with official support.

bssmsm
2013-04-05, 02:41 AM
Easy way to make indoor walktest...use nemo (forum) + samsung galaxy (qualcomm) phone...you can obtain:
-Rssi
-Rscp
-EcNo
-Cellid
-Uarfcn
-Call (drops, failure, etc)
-BLer
-Throughput
-Tx Power

See my post:

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?33468-Easy-procedure-to-connect-Samsung-phone-to-NEMO&highlight=

And tell my if you have some problem

Best Regards

piaoyisihai
2013-04-19, 03:45 PM
Nokia NTM firmware can not be found, this is useless!

ideasoft
2013-07-19, 06:55 PM
i think you need to ask the nemo Experts , because nemo outdoor and nemo handy is really hard to operate. i am not good at it