PDA

View Full Version : Cell Re-selection VS Neighbur relation definition(3G-3G)

electron
2012-06-03, 02:04 AM
Hi all,

As we know in 2G we have MF list for Idle and Active list so for cell re-selection between 2 cell we need to have defined BCCH for target cell for MS camped cell in its Idle MF list so the question is now what about 3G to 3G cell re-selection in this case how UE can understand that which Scrambling code is should measure during re-selection phase?

In another word do we need to have neighbor relation between to 3G cell to have cell re-selection also?

Instead of Idle MF list, what we have in 3G ?

Thanks

miles12
2012-06-27, 04:03 AM
Hi all, As we know in 2G we have MF list for Idle and Active list so for cell re-selection between 2 cell we need to have defined BCCH for target cell for MS camped cell in its Idle MF list so the question is now what about 3G to 3G cell re-selection in this case how UE can understand that which Scrambling code is should measure during re-selection phase? In another word do we need to have neighbor relation between to 3G cell to have cell re-selection also? Instead of Idle MF list, what we have in 3G ? Thanks pls help in this regard

tabordas
2012-06-27, 02:28 PM
You surely do need the neighbor relation in order to reselect between 3G cells.
On Idle mode the groups of cells to be monitored is sent to the UE on the SIB11 while on CELL_DCH they are sent on a RRC Measurement Control message.
For every relation and as far as I know on any vendor, you can define if the relations should be included on SIB11 or not.

Pls add Thks and Rep if this answers your question

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-07-12, 08:39 PM
Its not clear, kindly elaborate your answer. where we define NBRs for dedicated and for Idle mode (WCDMA). Lets say i just want to have 5 NBR in idle mode however i need 15 NBR for dedicated mode.

A scenario can be traffic offloading etc.

BR//
Imran

electron
2012-07-12, 10:28 PM
Hi friend,

Reffer to alex in Handover subject part 3.8

Its not clear, kindly elaborate your answer. where we define NBRs for dedicated and for Idle mode (WCDMA). Lets say i just want to have 5 NBR in idle mode however i need 15 NBR for dedicated mode.

A scenario can be traffic offloading etc.

BR//
Imran