PDA

View Full Version : femto cell umts info

chacho.morales
2012-05-23, 10:45 PM
any one has information or experience with alcatel femto in umts 850 mhz. i need to know more in how to mix it wi th a huawei umts network ( rnc,p nodeb, HAndoff,etc)

thanks

anas.k3
2012-06-21, 05:31 AM
Hello

No news for this post? is that because the femto hasn't be a great success??

chacho.morales
2012-06-21, 12:25 PM
you are right is pain in the neck, i think install a femto solution only work if you put it in a separete carrier, but do it in the same freq already exist in the macro station and mini nodes is stupid. and do a femto cell in a separete carrier why not do a wifi offload.......

kaola2012
2012-07-15, 09:02 PM
I can't help you. I don't know much about femto.

titta.pansy
2013-03-14, 11:28 PM
hey chacho, how's d femto goin'?
did u try the super LAC feature?

indiaco
2013-03-15, 08:11 AM
you are right is pain in the neck, i think install a femto solution only work if you put it in a separete carrier, but do it in the same freq already exist in the macro station and mini nodes is stupid. and do a femto cell in a separete carrier why not do a wifi offload.......

Hi man, I got here trying to get some info about the ALU femto, since I am working in an E/// network with plenty of them being installed complementary to the macro layer.
They can be a pain I agree, but why do you think it is stupid ? You have a freq band were you (and only you) can control interference, which is not the case of WIFI. Besides, using a WHOLE UMTS carrier for just small cells doesn't seem very cheap way to go, don't you think ??

sabila
2013-03-20, 11:08 AM
are the femto just like a new cell that
1.every user in one operator can used it, or
2.just only registered IMSI that only can use it,
if 1 so no problem.
if 2 the problem if a guest go from macro 3G than enter the building that have femto the based on layer they will camp to femto,but if want to use call they will be reject due to unregistered IMSI

how about the hanover ,how about the line from femto to our RNC,doest it used FTTH(i think bandwith to rent more expensive),or use internet from subscriber have,than used security internet like VPN or IPSEC to connect femto to our RNC??

what about the cost of deployment this ?

may be all of u can show me the right road to deploy femto

indiaco
2013-03-21, 02:17 AM
Hi Sabila,

Regarding ALU femtocell they can be configured in 3 different access modes (this I have learned from a short introductory trainning):

1) No access restrictions (this would be the first example you used).
2) Restricted access only to the SIMs within a certain access list.
3) Access to all, but prioritizing the SIMs within the access list (other users would be allowed to enter the Femtocell in case of low traffic generated by the "owners")

About the handover, I understand that some vendors do not allow it (NEC for instance), on the other hand ALU allows outgoing hard handover from the femto domain, and incoming (also core network hard handover) form the macro domian.
The line depends on the vendor, Xdsl can be used and there ir no "line"(connection) to the current RNCs they would only be hard handover as stated before.
The Femto would automaticaly connecto to the femto gateway using internet.

On the cost of the deployment, I cannot help since I don't have any relevant data.

Hope it helped...

N.

are the femto just like a new cell that
1.every user in one operator can used it, or
2.just only registered IMSI that only can use it,
if 1 so no problem.
if 2 the problem if a guest go from macro 3G than enter the building that have femto the based on layer they will camp to femto,but if want to use call they will be reject due to unregistered IMSI

how about the hanover ,how about the line from femto to our RNC,doest it used FTTH(i think bandwith to rent more expensive),or use internet from subscriber have,than used security internet like VPN or IPSEC to connect femto to our RNC??

what about the cost of deployment this ?

may be all of u can show me the right road to deploy femto

scorpion
2013-03-22, 01:41 AM
Hi indiaco,

Quote : 2) Restricted access only to the SIMs within a certain access list.

You mean to say using ACL Feature ? "Class" SIM Card. Can be referred at this LINK (http://sunilmobiletelecom.blogspot.in/)

indiaco
2013-03-22, 01:57 AM
yeap, for further details follow the link bellow (2.4 FEMTOCELL ACCESS CONTROL)

http://ftp.3gpp2.org/TSGA/Working/2012/1015-Sapporo/A.S0024-B%20v0.1%20RnF/RnF%20files/A00-20120806-033Ar0%20Editor(ALU)%20A.S0024-B%20v0.1%20for%20RnF.pdf

B.R.

scorpion
2013-03-22, 02:09 AM
yeap, for further details follow the link bellow (2.4 FEMTOCELL ACCESS CONTROL)

http://ftp.3gpp2.org/TSGA/Working/2012/1015-Sapporo/A.S0024-B%20v0.1%20RnF/RnF%20files/A00-20120806-033Ar0%20Editor(ALU)%20A.S0024-B%20v0.1%20for%20RnF.pdf

B.R.

How come you are referring 3GPP2 ??..since you mentioned SIM & IMSI & 3G, I thought the discussion is about some 3GPP network.

indiaco
2013-03-22, 02:15 AM
????????????

What is 3GPP2?The Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) (http://www.3gpp2.org/) is:

a collaborative third generation (3G) telecommunications specifications-setting project

tharinduwije
2013-07-21, 05:43 AM
Guys we are also hoping to launch femto structure.Do you have any details regarding deployment strategies & drawbacks of ALU femtos & any case studies how they have integrated to 3rd Party?

kapil
2014-03-27, 07:30 PM
one can deploy Femto solution in both dedicated as well as shared carrier. Dedicated carrier is easy to deploy and maintain, but shared carrier you need to follow certain rules about it. If it is installed in high Macro RSCP coverage, it will be like introducing a interfere in existing n/w.