PDA

View Full Version : ILSA Cost Matrix

venom
2009-02-01, 07:27 AM
Anyone here is using ASSET/ILSA for frequency planning?

If yes, then tell me what are the settings you recommend for the cost matrix of ILSA?

You can share your CHF file if you want, do you think default settings are good enough to give the best results ??

How do you compare the ILSA results with other AFP? i think ILSA algorithm isn't dat good, lets discuss !

Aircom
2009-02-01, 08:33 PM
ILSA Give you good resultat if your model propagation tuned ,because whene he strat calculation he based in pridection for the best server to calculate worst interfernce and totale interferance

thansk

venom
2009-02-01, 09:52 PM
I know you have to create the interference table before using ILSA, i know u have to tune your model as well and then run the prediction, i know you can also generate the PLCs in order to get the best out of ILSA but my question is different !!

What is the recommended Cost matrix settings??? You know what it is ? well you have to define the cost urself in order to get the required result, like carrier spacing, 1st order neighbor and 2nd order neighbor consideration, etc !

ILSA always tries to reduce this cost by passing all the conditions defined in cost matrix !!

alibushehri
2009-02-02, 12:40 AM
Dear lccengr,

Therer is no best practice for Cost Matrix settings. it's completely depend on your bandwidth , site positioning and your neighbor list. so for each network, the settings is different, and you need to find it by your self as a RF Planner.

The fact is that you must use a higher ( very much ) cost for Co and adjacent channel on the same site and also Co-s on neighbors. sometimes you have to run ILSA for several times and enough time to reach a best result for your network.

Plus manual checking and tuning is inevitable.

so good luck.

venom
2009-02-02, 02:49 AM
Dear ali,

i m using ILSA for an yr now and i didn't find very good results at all .. there is always 10% cells that i have to retune manually... so supposing if i am retuning 1000 cells at a time then i have to retune 100 cells manually which is quite too many !!

I agree that we have to give large costs to co and adjacent carrier spacing but when u do that, the algorithm is just so silly that "ON AVERAGE" the reuse pattern is not even !

I even notice that it assign adjacent arfcn to the sectors of same site which is quite silly again !

That is the reason to start this thread to know abt the cost matrix ideal conditions, retuning is usually done of urban areas, so considering that there is a dense urban city with average inter-site distance is 500m then what do u recommend?

alibushehri
2009-02-02, 01:32 PM
My dear freind,

In that case i think your problem is not lay on cost matrix.
As you may know there are 2 concept behind ILSA frequency planning.One is based on cost matrix data, to reduce the cost of network, the other and the important one is Interference table that you should created based on reliable data .

Because your network is quite dense you should act more accurate.
To provide a good Interference table you must firstly create a traffic raster , to provide a uplink interference as well. and the most critical one , is to provideing best server array and Nth best server array (depend on your network density and Dual band/ multiband usage , you should calculate for bigger number of N, 5 or 6 for example) to create interference table based on probable best server.

The last but not least: DONT FORGET TO CUSTOMIZE ARRAY SETTING DATA ( mostly the one which related to Interference table and C/A)

If you are sure that you are perfectly done all this things already, please send me some snapshot from 1.Array setting menu 2. Worst Interefernce plot from you think there is to much frequency problem 3.ILSA's Graph

Best Regards,
Ali

alibushehri
2009-02-03, 12:25 AM
In the case of having adjacent channel on one site, you have to change the C/A criteria in array settings, plus any other things that i told you:

C/A = C/I + Something

so when ILSA, plan your network based on cost matrix, the cost would be high, but the worst interference is acceptable. so you will face such a dramatic results.

venom
2009-02-03, 02:19 AM
Thanks Ali,

Well i have created the interference table using Drive test measurements and traffic raster !

I will try to look in to C/A relationship and re-run the ILSA, i hope i won't find this issue again

nauniux
2009-02-03, 05:51 AM
Hi there I have AIRCOM Enterprise v5.0.3, does any of you have a "patch" for me in order to have ILSA?
Is there any Enterprise patched version around with the ILSA I can download?

zaebolll
2009-02-03, 06:14 AM
Thanks Ali,

Well i have created the interference table using Drive test measurements and traffic raster !

I will try to look in to C/A relationship and re-run the ILSA, i hope i won't find this issue again

Dear Iccengr

When u done these at all ,let us know pls

venom
2009-02-03, 06:35 AM
No such improvement in the results !

Again i have found 2 sites having the adjacency on their own cells !

venom
2009-02-03, 06:36 AM
Hi there I have AIRCOM Enterprise v5.0.3, does any of you have a "patch" for me in order to have ILSA?
Is there any Enterprise patched version around with the ILSA I can download?

try Aircom Enterprise 6.0 with nempez ***** !

rnpopt
2009-02-03, 06:39 AM
Does any one has any Demo project for Asset?
I need a demo project to learn Asset and frequency planning with Ilsa...
I guess it might be also helpful for some other guys who want to learn it.
If any 1 has a Demo Project please share it in Rapidshare.
Thanks in advanced.

venom
2009-02-03, 06:45 AM
dear rnopt

there is ASSET Training and ILSA training available in this forum

just try to search here, cheers !

rnpopt
2009-02-03, 06:48 AM
dear rnopt

Hi,
I am talking about Demo Project.
Does those training contains any Demo Project for Asset ?
thanks.

venom
2009-02-03, 06:55 AM
Dear Rnopt,

Try to generate your own demo project by reading guide and watching the video tutorial here, i remember someone uploaded it here !!

have fun !

alibushehri
2009-02-03, 01:20 PM
No such improvement in the results !

Again i have found 2 sites having the adjacency on their own cells !

please send me some snapshot from 1.Array setting menu 2. Worst Interefernce plot from where you think there is to much frequency problem 3.ILSA's Graph

you can also send me by email :

ali_bushehri@hotmail.com

krobelux
2009-02-05, 04:24 PM
dear rnopt

file for ilsa 5.01 training, i thinks there are no significant changed with ilsa from aircom 6.0
try this thread..
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=1157

venom
2009-02-05, 07:34 PM
Bruv i know how to use ILSA, it isn't that difficult !! i just wanted to know the recommended settings of cost matrix !

ali, i have used C/A = C/I + (-18db) in array settings !

croleg
2011-07-01, 06:13 PM
What data should be in the project (neighbors, interference, ch, etc.) to the frequency of ILSA has planned more accurately? So far, the data received from the ILSA, do not like me.