PDA

View Full Version : Question A PROFESSIONAL RESUME

jamesbond
2012-04-07, 03:21 AM
HI GUYS!

I want to know attributes of an attaracting proefessional resume for an RF Engr. Planning & Optimization.

For a say 5/6 years experienced engineer;

share your views on;

1-How many pages a resume should be limited at most?
2-Wheather the Qualification should be a part to be included in first place?
3-Does it have most of the activities you performed mentioned in it?
4-References should be included or to be provided on demand?
5-Soft skills/Trainings obtained should be mentioned?
6-How many para your experience may span over?
7-Many of you must be in hiring position, what you look into the CV in particular to force you call the candidate for interview? Most of the incumbents need time to adjust in their position, do you consider that too or to expect the guy to just come and play...?

Plzz share any good information over it whether your own expereince or the document you have...most of the youtubes videos discuss general attributes for a cv.

firstmaxim
2012-04-07, 11:38 AM
I believe your resume should be contained in 3-4 pages, with the first page summarizing your profile, education and experience. Page 2 should go for education, and page three for the experience, and page 4 highlighting the trainings you have undergone and references.

jamesbond
2012-04-11, 07:55 PM
I believe your resume should be contained in 3-4 pages, with the first page summarizing your profile, education and experience. Page 2 should go for education, and page three for the experience, and page 4 highlighting the trainings you have undergone and references.

It is ammazing that many people did see this thread but they feel reluctant to share their views...:D

sedicla
2012-04-11, 10:57 PM
Look for in Internet and you will find lots of info even some resume templates.

In my case i think that 3 or 4 pages are enough sumarize your experience Software and Hardware that you now most of the companies just care about the tools that you can work whit.

Best Regards.

dacoder
2012-04-11, 11:27 PM
i think you should limit your resume to at most 2 pages. If you are making a CV then more pages are ok. You should focus on your achievements, experience and skill in the first page and in the second, your education and references.

D33T0X
2012-04-12, 03:11 AM
2 pages maximum - people get bored reading resumes/cv's. Try to summarize your experience as much as possible and use bullet points.

rainapanther
2012-06-01, 02:58 PM
I believe that resume is to be 2 to 3 pages with perfect contain including all information. Personal bio-data ,Qualification and work experience are shown differently. That makes the resume effective and impressive.

AlexSSS
2012-06-01, 07:58 PM
Some useful links:
http://www.job-interview-site.com/rf-engineer-resume-sample.html (http://www.job-interview-site.com/rf-engineer-resume-sample.html)
http://jobsearch.about.com/cs/curriculumvitae/a/curriculumvitae.htm
http://www.businessballs.com/curriculum.htm

miri
2012-09-07, 04:49 PM
These links are good. Thanks!

khurrambilal01
2012-09-07, 08:22 PM
Hi,

1-How many pages a resume should be limited at most? --> Optimum is 2 pages or maximum 3, because the more you mention the more you give chance to the interviewer to keep you engaged in interview.
2-Wheather the Qualification should be a part to be included in first place? --> Qualification in telecom is not that much important for Engineers atleast so it should be there but in the end of the resume, (For Managers MBA other courses degrees matter so they should stress it)
3-Does it have most of the activities you performed mentioned in it? --> Not most of activities but major activities which have good weight and uplift your resume
4-References should be included or to be provided on demand? --> It's better you should mention references instead of waiting for the interviewer to ask.
5-Soft skills/Trainings obtained should be mentioned? --> Yes this is important part that you should mention relevant trainings & skills in accordance to the post you are applying, Which means the same CV can't be used everywhere :) So you have to update before applying for any new role each time to sync with it.
6-How many para your experience may span over? -> It depends if there are good projects, Trials, experiences to share you can enlarge it, otherwise keep it simple.
7-Many of you must be in hiring position, what you look into the CV in particular to force you call the candidate for interview? Most of the incumbents need time to adjust in their position, do you consider that too or to expect the guy to just come and play...? --> The best CV is the one matching the JD/Role you are looking for, With good projects experience, If qualification is mentioned then to some extent it does matter, How frequently the person have been switching jobs, He has vendor/Operator experience, In which Organizations he has been working.Normaly in RF field the interviewer is looking for someone who is already trained in the same role before and doesn't take any time to start the work and has hands on experience of the same role.

I hope it helps!

HI GUYS!

I want to know attributes of an attaracting proefessional resume for an RF Engr. Planning & Optimization.

For a say 5/6 years experienced engineer;

share your views on;

1-How many pages a resume should be limited at most?
2-Wheather the Qualification should be a part to be included in first place?
3-Does it have most of the activities you performed mentioned in it?
4-References should be included or to be provided on demand?
5-Soft skills/Trainings obtained should be mentioned?
6-How many para your experience may span over?
7-Many of you must be in hiring position, what you look into the CV in particular to force you call the candidate for interview? Most of the incumbents need time to adjust in their position, do you consider that too or to expect the guy to just come and play...?

Plzz share any good information over it whether your own expereince or the document you have...most of the youtubes videos discuss general attributes for a cv.