PDA

View Full Version : Nemo Outdoor (MOS)

cm_rao29
2009-01-28, 03:24 PM
Dear All,

Is there anyone having done MOS test on their network using Nemo outdoor MOS tools?

I am having problem to meet the MOS before and after of a cluster drive!!

the before values were 85% of the samples having score > 3.0

Now i am only getting about 20% of sample having score > 3.0

This is failing the KPI. I having totally helpless...

we have changed the PSTN line... but no change:L

we even tried to conduct the MOS drive at night:eek:

we have calibrate the MOS gain tool? no idea of the optimum value??
Anyone have experience on this could be able to share your experience and views. Anyone having the optimal gain port settings for the tool

Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.

shahram
2009-02-17, 10:59 PM
What do you mean by MOS ??

punto
2009-02-17, 11:26 PM
MOS = Mean Opinion Score
usually you are interested as result of a benchmarking test drive, your and other networks ... to see, how user preceive your services ...

In voice and video communication, quality usually dictates whether the experience is a good or bad one. Besides the qualitative description we hear, like 'quite good' or 'very bad', there is a numerical method of expressing voice and video quality. It is called Mean Opinion Score (MOS). MOS gives a numerical indication of the perceived quality of the media received after being transmitted and eventually compressed using codecs.

MOS is expressed in one number, from 1 to 5, 1 being the worst and 5 the best. MOS is quite subjective, as it is based figures that result from what is perceived by people during tests. However, there are software applications that measure MOS on networks, as we see below.

The Mean Opinion Score Values
Taken in whole numbers, the numbers are quite easy to grade.

5 - Perfect. Like face-to-face conversation or radio reception.
4 - Fair. Imperfections can be perceived, but sound still clear. This is (supposedly) the range for cell phones.
3 - Annoying.
2 - Very annoying. Nearly impossible to communicate.
1 - Impossible to communicate

The values do not need to be whole numbers. Certain thresholds and limits are often expressed in decimal values from this MOS spectrum. For instance, a value of 4.0 to 4.5 is referred to as toll-quality and causes complete satisfaction. This is the normal value of PSTN and many VoIP services aim at it, often with success. Values dropping below 3.5 are termed unacceptable by many users.

Hope it helps ...
P:)

grid666
2009-02-18, 12:21 AM
Dear All,

Is there anyone having done MOS test on their network using Nemo outdoor MOS tools?

I am having problem to meet the MOS before and after of a cluster drive!!

the before values were 85% of the samples having score > 3.0

Now i am only getting about 20% of sample having score > 3.0

This is failing the KPI. I having totally helpless...

we have changed the PSTN line... but no change:L

we even tried to conduct the MOS drive at night:eek:

we have calibrate the MOS gain tool? no idea of the optimum value??
Anyone have experience on this could be able to share your experience and views. Anyone having the optimal gain port settings for the tool

Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.

It would help us a lot if you can tell us what set up you are using to perform measurements ?

cm_rao29
2009-02-18, 12:20 PM
Hi grid666,

please find attached for the MOS User manual and settings..

HERE (http://www.4shared.com/file/88220847/72e324d3/MOS_User_manual_and_settings.html)

radio_network
2009-02-20, 11:06 AM
Hi grid666,

HERE (http://www.4shared.com/file/88220847/72e324d3/MOS_User_manual_and_settings.html)
is that mos server and kits to be purchased sepeately. Or we can develop our own mos server. Is there any idea. I m using agilent 9.3 drive test platform.

cm_rao29
2009-02-20, 11:38 AM
is that mos server and kits to be purchased sepeately. Or we can develop our own mos server. Is there any idea. I m using agilent 9.3 drive test platform.

this are for NEMO...Yes, there is additional license for it.

we did used agilent before, but faced a lot of problems due to sync error with the PSTN line. :L

with agilent, i am sure u must have VQT box for office terminal and mobile terminal.

chachajarv
2009-02-20, 03:48 PM
what do you mean befoe and after? If it swap nodeB means you should check for the database. But the tools that you use for before and after same or not? as my experience usualy from problem in connector cable.

cm_rao29
2009-02-20, 04:06 PM
what do you mean befoe and after? If it swap nodeB means you should check for the database. But the tools that you use for before and after same or not? as my experience usualy from problem in connector cable.

nope.. sorry cause i wasnt clear with my statement. we had used agilent MOS tool during 2005.. then 2008 we got nemo MOS tool.. Agilent tool was not so reliable....

crisnspro
2009-02-20, 06:58 PM
the audio processing capability is lower than SE or Samsung

Optim_z
2009-02-20, 09:12 PM
Respected All,

Please upload sample report of MOS test using Nemo Outdoor, I`m need as reference for my current projects.

Thank`s

cm_rao29
2009-02-20, 10:19 PM
Respected All,

Please upload sample report of MOS test using Nemo Outdoor, I`m need as reference for my current projects.

Thank`s

what kind of report actually... for MOS we usually just average the uplink score and download scores..

depending on operators, sometimes used to average both uplink and downlink together...

Optim_z
2009-02-20, 11:18 PM
Samples MOS test report (Up and Download), I`m not yet experience with Nemo Outdoor MOS.

Great Thank`s

radio_network
2009-02-21, 03:13 AM
this are for NEMO...Yes, there is additional license for it.

we did used agilent before, but faced a lot of problems due to sync error with the PSTN line. :L

with agilent, i am sure u must have VQT box for office terminal and mobile terminal.
Thanks for your suggestion. But could u pl provide some mre details

cm_rao29
2009-02-21, 09:00 AM
Respected All,

Thank`s

Thanks for your suggestion. But could u pl provide some mre details

do bear a little while... ill gather it and post on Monday.. cheers:)

datmast
2009-02-24, 07:52 PM
I think NEMO MOS reports r very very simple (I dunt know How r thet for ver>=5.x)
You only see score, no more information, for ex: end2end delay, echo, ...
And the method of rounding scores (in reports only) is very stupid (:p)

cm_rao29
2009-02-24, 08:54 PM
I think NEMO MOS reports r very very simple (I dunt know How r thet for ver>=5.x)
You only see score, no more information, for ex: end2end delay, echo, ...
And the method of rounding scores (in reports only) is very stupid (:p)

here a sample of report from nemo MOS. basically, its just the about the score.. so operator would define their KPIs for example:

98% of the drive must be MOS >= 3.0

the report can be generated from nemo analyzer..:) its easy..

sonar_bangla
2009-02-28, 03:38 PM
any friend could you upload a complete report to follow up...?

thanks.... in advanced

cm_rao29
2009-03-01, 10:21 PM
any friend could you upload a complete report to follow up...?

thanks.... in advanced

i hope this could help....:)

click HERE (http://www.4shared.com/file/90135666/4e23be18/DiGi_3G_Network_Quality_MOS_Analysis_v1.html) to download

DCA
2009-03-01, 11:42 PM
Biggest issue is that Nemo didn't implemented PESQ according to the ITU standard. Therefore all measurements are just nice for benchmarking.
As

You can never get a representive MOS value with a 4sec sample but it's offcourse all way of what you want to ' measure' . :p

anh3ko
2009-03-02, 12:14 AM
Biggest issue is that Nemo didn't implemented PESQ according to the ITU standard. Therefore all measurements are just nice for benchmarking.
As

You can never get a representive MOS value with a 4sec sample but it's offcourse all way of what you want to ' measure' . :p
Does That mean Nemo is cheating all?
With the length of audio sample, I think 4-20seconds is not problem ... If the length>20s, MOS is bad and not accuracy...

DCA
2009-03-02, 03:52 AM
Cheating is not the correct word; it's only not as mentioned/recommended by the ITU.
Which is fine as long as you don't see it as representive measurement tool.
Compile the source form the ITU and check it yourself.
Depending on your used sample you would be very much suprised.

Besides the lenght also the sample is important. if i recall correctly, it's not possible to play samples longer then 8 secs....

sunny3792004
2009-03-16, 01:01 AM
Cheating is not the correct word; it's only not as mentioned/recommended by the ITU.
Which is fine as long as you don't see it as representive measurement tool.
Compile the source form the ITU and check it yourself.
Depending on your used sample you would be very much suprised.

Besides the lenght also the sample is important. if i recall correctly, it's not possible to play samples longer then 8 secs....
Right, length and structure of samples affect to MOS. I think Tems is not support truely ITU recommend too!

sunny3792004
2009-03-16, 01:12 AM
Pls share experience about MOS function of tools such as Nemo , Tems , Agilent, X-cal ....
I think Agilent is best tool about MOS

sunny3792004
2009-03-16, 01:15 AM
I have Agilent drive test tool too. Can you share PESQ licese of Agilent?
thanks

sunny3792004
2009-03-16, 01:25 AM
Hi grid666,

in your files, i see that Nemo used to get MOS. what version of Nemo support it.
I know that normally to get MOS by Nemo outdoor is config with special hardware.

mobiltel269
2009-03-16, 01:43 AM
need to active with license nemo n80 can not run with mos base

cdmahn
2009-03-21, 10:10 AM
I have some experience with Nemo Outdoor PESQ speech quality tests. I don't like to make Nemo people feel bad, but this tool seems to be not stable as a "true" test equipment. There are several causes that affect test score: connection jacks, handset models, ... Why could I say so? We used to use 2 equipment with different configuration to test at the same time and the test results are much different from each others. Moreover, sometimes the equipment test calls get the error "Voice Audio Synchronisation Lost".

sunny3792004
2009-03-21, 11:28 AM
According to studies of ITU and some inventers, MOS depends on some factor such as structure of samples, interfaces (analog, digital, headset...), noise , interference, implementation of tester...and cablibation and config when someone conduct test.
It also depends on terminal equipment such as cell phones
Br

ismaelhaider
2009-03-22, 03:34 AM
thanks for the good knowlegd

ismaelhaider
2009-03-22, 03:34 AM
Can, any one tell me the tutorial site of RF

ismaelhaider
2009-03-22, 03:35 AM
helloooooooo

sunny3792004
2009-03-22, 01:17 PM
the audio processing capability is lower than SE or Samsung
Which phones we can use to test MOS by Nemo outdoor ?
Thanks

sunny3792004
2009-03-22, 03:10 PM
almost handy or pocket software not support PESQ based MOS. they use specify parameter monitoring method.

need to active with license nemo n80 can not run with mos base

fshoaib
2009-04-08, 09:29 PM
How can we see MOS results in NEMO Outdoor
I have Sagem OT290 connected to Nemo Outdoor

datmast
2009-04-09, 12:13 PM
How can we see MOS results in NEMO Outdoor
I have Sagem OT290 connected to Nemo Outdoor
It need audio box ....

momo86
2010-03-04, 04:58 PM
Anyone has experience to conduct MOS test using XCAL?
Please share here...

thanks..

grid666
2010-03-04, 05:16 PM
Sorry, i have overlooked this thread and thus forgot to follow up earlier.

However, as DCA put it nicely Anite engineers made it arbitrary according to their own standards. So any results must be taken with reserve.:D

gsmman2006
2010-03-05, 06:59 PM
Hi All,
I need to docs about WIMAX drive-test by Nemo outdoor.
thanks before