PDA

View Full Version : MTM800 Unable to detect radio codeplug location [-126]

zeus
2012-03-30, 05:13 AM
Hi,

I recently got in hold of a MTM800 off Ebay, I connected it with a RS232 cable
and when I try to read it I just get the error "Unable to detect the radio
codeplug location"
Is there any way to over-right the FW or do anything to get it up and working? I
don't need what ever is/was inside. :)
It doesn't turn on but when I try to connect with CPS it detects the radio and
then fails.

Motorola
2012-03-30, 05:59 AM
Radio firmware is damaged, you cannot repair it with normal CPS

regards

zeus
2012-03-30, 06:08 AM
Just as I thought so, unfortunately. :/

Thanks for the information.

-bup-
2012-03-30, 07:51 AM
Hi,

Check also with another CPS Revision, and also check the actual radio firmware using the 'TEST' page (power on radio then press, Cursor right button, Keypad '1', Menu button, Keypad '2', Menu button, Keypad '3').

zeus
2012-03-31, 02:30 AM
Nope nothing happens it doesn't event light on. But I know it connects to the PC as I get a different message when it's not connected or I don't pres the power button. After pressing the power button I can try to read it and the status windows shows phone detected and after that I get this error, also when I power off from CPS I get a operation complete when it's connected but when I don't press the power or it's not connected I get a communication error.
I've tried different CPS versions, anyway when the version is wrong there is an error of a unsupported codeplug. I have a mtm700 and by any means I can't figure which CPS I should user for it, MR3.1.6 supports versions higher and lower but not this bloody one 2721.

Motorola
2012-03-31, 03:51 AM
Seems you are not listening, i have told you what is problem, so you can stop bothering yourself with trying different versions of CPS etc.

Radio firmware is corrupted, and no Commercial CPS can repair it.

regards

zeus
2012-03-31, 03:55 AM
I understand your point and I also was suspecting this, my answer was regarding the next post. :cool:

Motorola
2012-03-31, 04:06 AM
If you bought it cheap it is worth repairing it, however if you paid full price on Ebay then it is really bad situation

-bup-
2012-04-03, 02:14 AM
Yes, you're right !

I read the message too fast and gave a bad answer.....I apology.:funk:

houla
2012-09-22, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the information