PDA

View Full Version : what is difference between nemo invex and outdoor

edinburgh
2012-03-26, 03:56 PM
Hi,

What is the main difference between Nemo Invex and Outdoor?

Which one is better?

Who is using Nemo Invex?

Thanks.

BR,
Edin

paboya
2012-03-26, 07:54 PM
One advantage of Nemo Invex
it can support more than 20 handsets simultanously
If u use Nemo Outdoor just can support 4 handsets
and there are another benefit...

Hi,

What is the main difference between Nemo Invex and Outdoor?

Which one is better?

Who is using Nemo Invex?

Thanks.

BR,
Edin

sedicla
2012-03-26, 09:27 PM
The difference lies mainly in the quantities of tests to be made, let's imagine a scenario:
An operator where we test 2G/3G (voice) and data for these tests we use Nemo Outdoor.
Let's now do tests to three operators Invex Nemo is the best we can with a PC to do everything at once.
Check the link below.
http://www.anite.com/anite/en/solutions/nemotesting/products/nemo_invex

Best Regards

edinburgh
2012-03-26, 10:13 PM
So I would say that it is good for benchmarking..

Thanks for everyone for your answer

sedicla
2012-03-26, 10:25 PM
Yes is very good for me it's the best in the market.

Best Regards.

paboya
2012-03-26, 10:53 PM
Depend on ur need
I think if 4 handset enough why pay more...

garry
2012-03-27, 12:17 AM
Nemo Invex comes from their purchase of Commscope Andrew's product Invex. It was originally made by Allen Telecom which then was bought by Andrew, which was bought by Commscope.... Oh, gotta love large buyouts.... It was probably the best test equipment on the market, but never got any real traction. It was available back in the TEMS 4 days and was sooooo much better than TEMS at the time - Plus it was half the price (I had the luxury of having a boss who saw this and we used both TEMS and Invex). However, most operators wouldn't use anything else other than TEMS and even the "engineers" resisted it. Since those modest days, it got better. The R&D cost eventually outstripped any money made from the slow sales. They then sold it off to Anite who changed it a bit, and has added it to their portfolio under the same name.
The thing is, it is good for serious testing, but the industry sadly lacks the foresight in how to effectively use it. It will end up a small part of testing, and will eventually fall by the wayside as computing power increases.