PDA

View Full Version : RTWP

khaledkhoudi
2012-03-20, 09:11 AM
Dear experts,

Some cells suffer high PS call drop. From the chrn, the RTWP is high (max -72 and mean -92).

But the problem is this RTWP is high only during the busy hour or when the traffic increase.

Which parameters to check to solve this problem ??

Wainting your feedback

Mctest
2012-03-20, 11:26 AM
Hi!Introduce second carrier!A lots of users generate high interference.In wcdma interference is because of non-orthogonal uplink.

ltecity
2012-03-20, 09:51 PM
check attenuation parameter on uplink

monnnos
2012-03-21, 05:45 AM
first check if the RTWP is correlated with traffic increase in Uplink R99 or HSUPA ,check also RRC no-reply

solution 1 :
try to make load balance if you have 2nd Frequency ( 2nd carrier)
this is by DRD setting on F1 and F2 to be 1-to-1 for HS users

solution 2:
another parameter is to decrease the internal RNC parameter that waits the UE to send RRC connection release ( don't remember now ) can search for it
it is not service affecting and could be useful

N.B
last thing check external interference if there is RTWP non-correlated with uplink traffic

hope it was usefull .. reps and thx are welcomed

jayk
2012-03-21, 06:06 AM
Enable Uplink Overload Control and optimize network to keep RTWP level at at least at -100dbm level. PS call drop is major KPI that you observed, user throughput must be affected in BH.

Dear experts,

Some cells suffer high PS call drop. From the chrn, the RTWP is high (max -72 and mean -92).

But the problem is this RTWP is high only during the busy hour or when the traffic increase.

Wainting your feedback

dodotiro
2012-03-21, 01:58 PM
it is mean that power capacity is reached. please check RRC and RAB Rejection. usually there is rejection due to power congestion.

Introduce second carrier or split sector if it is an indoor coverage. for makro coverage , check resuffling paramater

Dear experts,

Wainting your feedback

gprastomo
2012-03-21, 02:19 PM
Hi check also the Minimum RTWP samples, minimum rtwp will reflect the no traffic condition, normally should be less than -105 dbm, but if it is > -100 so i think there is UL external interference.

br

YANG SONG
2012-03-21, 05:18 PM
Dear experts,

Wainting your feedback

i have the same problems , maybe the external disturbance, in the system ,maxROT max can contral the ul hsupa load in a normal level, others there are many R99 traffic in your network. if you have the other carrier,you can try to move the all traffic to anther,and watching the RTWP.

pgr19
2012-03-22, 02:13 AM
hi all,
I have a same trouble about RTWP too, and i am curious about the RXATTEN parameter, does anyone can tell me description about this parameter ? and will it impacted to overcome RTWP ? Thanks

wojiaoliuli
2012-03-22, 02:29 AM
check SIB-7 in tems

monnnos
2012-03-22, 04:44 AM
hi all,
I have a same trouble about RTWP too, and i am curious about the RXATTEN parameter, does anyone can tell me description about this parameter ? and will it impacted to overcome RTWP ? Thanks
it is not recommended to play with the attenuation specially in indoor sites , this will shift down the RTWP but will affect the user

pgr19
2012-03-23, 02:18 AM
it is not recommended to play with the attenuation specially in indoor sites , this will shift down the RTWP but will affect the user

what do you mean by affect the user? it is impact to quality or what? thanks for answering

boring
2012-03-23, 02:37 AM
Enable Uplink Overload Control and optimize network to keep RTWP level at at least at -100dbm level. PS call drop is major KPI that you observed, user throughput must be affected in BH.

hi jayk
if a cell has HSUPA activated, it is still possible to keep RTWP at -100 dBm if uplink enhanced control is on?
thanks

dremka
2012-04-09, 09:14 PM
Dear experts,

It isn't probably the case but be aware that intermodulation problem in the antenna branch is also related to the traffic (tx power increases -> intermodulation level also increases), but usually intermodulation-origin RTWP is sharp and unstable.

melkaiy
2012-04-10, 12:14 AM
check wether the SIB7 in layer 3 message is high. then if it is high, it suffers from external disturbances then check the rscp if high rscp then low ec/io if suffers from external interference which results in drops, access failures. you can also check the congestion experience in the OMM if it is high then you have to change some parameters in ptx/prx target or load margin threshold. you cna also change the inter-freq ho and prioritize the other less congested carrier.

if this one helps please add reps.

:)