PDA

View Full Version : Pathloss 4.0 vs Mentum Ellipse

freqzt
2009-01-24, 04:37 PM
Dear all,

I want to ask all of you about pathloss 4.0 and mentum ellipse 6.7. What is the difference between them. What is the most use by vendor or operator in their transmission planning? What is the best one?

Thank you.

BR//

freqzt

f1cy
2009-01-24, 05:52 PM
i think pathloss is more popular than Mentum Ellipse. NSN, huawei still use pathloss for transmission planning. You can make the voting to find out

kaka.enine
2009-02-03, 10:43 PM
Dear all,

I want to ask all of you about pathloss 4.0 and mentum ellipse 6.7. What is the difference between them. What is the most use by vendor or operator in their transmission planning? What is the best one?

Thank you.

BR//

freqzt

the differences is on working environment ...

Pathloss 4 in 2D (3D had already added on Pathloss 5.0), and MENTUM ELLIPSE support for 3D working environment,

if yu're asking which tool more friendly user ...
perhaps we can say that Pathloss more than Ellipse ...
the price of these 2 tools alot different ...
Pathloss is bellow USD 10k for all module ...
and Ellipse for each license ... one of Mentum distributor in South East Asia set USD 23k for each license (version 6.7) ... and i guess there're more than 6 license for activate the all module ...
so ... can yu imagine the price differences for those 2 tools ...

no wonder Pathloss used spreadly than other Microwave Planning tools in the world ...

as i know ... Mentum Ellipse already support for 2G and 3G planning ...
already added synchronization plan (signaling plan) for SDH equipment ...

there're more question ??? ...

read the manual buddy ... :p :p :p

BR,

-kaka-

papov
2009-02-04, 12:49 AM
hello every body,can some body tell me how can i get path loss

freqzt
2009-02-04, 06:59 AM
@kaka

Thank you for your explanation. That's way many vendors and operators still using pathloss for their microwave planning.I think you are one of the master of microwave planning here. Do you have experience with other tools that support 3D? What about RPS? I think it can be used both outdoor and indoor radio planning. I'm interested with RPS. Is it powerful?

BR//

freqzt

proy1_10
2009-02-04, 07:15 AM
I think as f1cy, Pathloss is something like "de facto" standard

gsmmangi
2009-02-04, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the insight friend, I'm sticking with pathloss for the time being thats for sure

hehehehe:)

Pathloss 4 in 2D (3D had already added on Pathloss 5.0), and MENTUM ELLIPSE support for 3D working environment,

and Ellipse for each license ... one of Mentum distributor in South East Asia set USD 23k for each license (version 6.7) ... and i guess there're more than 6 license for activate the all module ...

no wonder Pathloss used spreadly than other Microwave Planning tools in the world ...

BR,

-kaka-

freqzt
2009-02-04, 11:22 AM
hello every body,can some body tell me how can i get path loss

You can get the link from here:

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=2972&highlight=pathloss

anwar
2009-02-04, 12:15 PM
Adding more vendor : Alcatel Used Pathloss Also:). But for presentation we prefer used mentum:D

i think pathloss is more popular than Mentum Ellipse. NSN, huawei still use pathloss for transmission planning. You can make the voting to find out

kaka.enine
2009-02-04, 01:18 PM
@kaka

Thank you for your explanation. That's way many vendors and operators still using pathloss for their microwave planning.I think you are one of the master of microwave planning here. Do you have experience with other tools that support 3D? What about RPS? I think it can be used both outdoor and indoor radio planning. I'm interested with RPS. Is it powerful?

BR//

freqzt

Never use this RPS ...

btw what's RPS ?? :confused:

I think as f1cy, Pathloss is something like "de facto" standard

"de facto" mean price ??? ;)

Thanks for the insight friend, I'm sticking with pathloss for the time being thats for sure

hehehehe

try to compare one and other tools buddy ...
when the time gone ... yu'll know ... which one suit yu better ...

:p

for Mentum Ellipse ...
check thread by Carver, he ever shared the installer and license there ...

Adding more vendor : Alcatel Used Pathloss Also. But for presentation we prefer used mentum

Alcatel use Ellipse ??? :eek:
from APAC distributor or Indonesia distributor ???

BR,

-kaka-

freqzt
2009-02-04, 01:38 PM
@kaka

RPS is Radiowave Propagation Simulator. Used to be by radioplan but right now I think has been acquired by actix. You can get the student edition from here: http://www.actix.com/radioplan_rps/

I'm interested with RPS because we can customize the 3D map. By your opinion, what is the planning tools that support 3D map? Where i can get the 3D map?

kaka.enine
2009-02-04, 01:51 PM
@kaka

RPS is Radiowave Propagation Simulator. Used to be by radioplan but right now I think has been acquired by actix. You can get the student edition from here: http://www.actix.com/radioplan_rps/

I'm interested with RPS because we can customize the 3D map. By your opinion, what is the planning tools that support 3D map? Where i can get the 3D map?

ouw yu mean Radio Plan ...
not really familiar with this SW,

i think beside Ellipse, TEMS Link Planner also support for 3D,
i guess Aircom Connect, and NetAct also support this 3D environment ...
those TNP tools which based on RNP tools generally support 3D map ...

where 2 find ???

should buy it ... :p :p
since now it's not freely shared,
or yu can convert from SRTM (it's freely shared at NASA websites) to the those SW support map with map converter ...
perhaps ... :p :p

BR,

-kaka-

papov
2009-02-08, 08:36 PM
try software "GAIA", it's very interesting;http://www.msiuk.com/gaia_rnpt.php?ss=rnpt

papov
2009-02-08, 09:22 PM
hello ,y'r right rps is very interesting ,here you find RPS5.4 evaluation:http://www.actix.com/radioplan_rps/docs/rps-5.4.0.459_SE.zip

Cost_Reducer
2009-02-15, 05:52 AM
Hi,

i think E******* use also pathloss and you can get radio files, antenna files and waveguide files from e******* for pathloss 4.

Regards

kaka.enine
2009-02-15, 06:02 AM
Hi,

i think E******* use also pathloss and you can get radio files, antenna files and waveguide files from e******* for pathloss 4.

Regards

they use both ...

pathloss and TLP ...

BR,

-kaka-

Cost_Reducer
2009-02-15, 06:04 AM
....Germany they use also their own planning tool WIN FF.

What is TLP ? Help me pls..

Thx

kaka.enine
2009-02-15, 06:19 AM
....Germany they use also their own planning tool WIN FF.

What is TLP ? Help me pls..

Thx

Tems Link Planner ... (TLP)

WIN FF ?
what's that ... ?? Never heard bfore ... :rolleyes:

BTW any body have tried Pathloss 5 ???
what's it protection now ???

BR,

-kaka-

Cost_Reducer
2009-02-15, 06:26 AM
is a self written software for link calculation and not commercial software ;)
E\\\ take over this tool from Marconi...

Tems Link Planner ... (TLP)

Thx for explain ths ;)

sunexpert
2009-03-04, 11:42 PM

BR,

-kaka-

I think this quite good information make us understand different between pathloss and Mentum, which for my opinion I still use pathloss and manage capacities by my database build, which also able to manage Abis TS in E1 next time I would find the way to share.