PDA

View Full Version : Code congestion

khaledkhoudi
2012-03-05, 01:22 AM
Hello experts,

I need your advices again about the code cogestion

Can someone explain this concept very clear because i don't understand it very well
What causes this congestion ?
Which codes were are talking about the R99 or HSDPA ?
Because we configure 45 codes per site for HSDPA ? the congestion is in these codes ???

Please i need your help to understand this issue.

Thanks in advance.

agenov
2012-03-05, 02:30 AM
In DL you use codes with different spreading factors that are limited by UMTS carrier.When you have congestion this simply means that when you have a new service or during mobility admission control by DL codes can not pass for example due to big traffic demand and usualy the service is rejected (i dont take into account different load control algorithms and etc). So in your case you have lack of non-HSDPA codes. The definition for 45 codes that you mentioned is a license function per NodeB regarding these HSDPA codes in DL but this is not the case here. In order to start investigation of the problem you may follow next few steps.

1) check your traffic distribution. If it is high can you do something to offload the cell - change of HO/reselection parameters, introduce load control algorithms etc.
2) check whether you have proper configuration of reserved HSDPA codes. If they are too much this can cause congestion. You may try reduce them.
3) In last case you may introduce second UMTS carrier if available.

In my personal feeling i think you reserved too much HSDPA codes that is happening mostly.

I believe other colleagues will give you additional hints as well but is good to search the forum since there was lot of topics regarding congestions issue.

Good luck

BR
Alex

Hello experts,

I need your advices again about the code cogestion

Can someone explain this concept very clear because i don't understand it very well
What causes this congestion ?
Which codes were are talking about the R99 or HSDPA ?
Because we configure 45 codes per site for HSDPA ? the congestion is in these codes ???

Please i need your help to understand this issue.

Thanks in advance.