PDA

View Full Version : Question Cell_PCH and URA_PCH ??

fahmi
2012-02-28, 06:38 PM
Dear all,
Could you explain what are the risks and benefits of enabling the Cell_PCH and the URA_PCH ??

Many thanks.

boring
2012-02-28, 07:13 PM
no risks at all to my understanding.
Benefits: reduced RNC load (because of the fast dormancy feature of smartphones), improved battery life, improved resources utilisation, improved customer experience.

fahmi
2012-02-28, 07:56 PM
no risks at all to my understanding.
Benefits: reduced RNC load (because of the fast dormancy feature of smartphones), improved battery life, improved resources utilisation, improved customer experience.

But I heard that enable Cell_PCH, it will cause the increase the number of combined service which maybe result in the cell shrinking and CS Drop ratio increase little.Also, the the PS access number will decrease and PS drop ratio will increase, the increasing of FACH usage will cause possible FACH congestion, TRB reset then drop occurred. Adding one more SCCPCH can reduce the FACH congestion. but need to add under the whole network.

your comment plz

boring
2012-02-28, 08:53 PM
Voice call while in CELL_PCH: To my understanding all vendors allocate a 0-kbps PS RAB when a CS voice call is established. this means that we don't have really a multicall but rather only logically the PS RAB is configured. the result is no impact on DL and UL power budget, hence no problems with drops etc

if you have lots of smartphones in your network they will generate lots of signalling so your FACH will be affected anyways. again CELL_PCH/URA_PCH saves the day! bear in mind that you don't keep the phones in these states for long period of time.

finally, do not worry about having 2 SCCPCHs in your network. you will not have both for FACH but one would be for PCH and the other for FACH

ritgail
2012-02-29, 12:51 AM
Dear all,
Could you explain what are the risks and benefits of enabling the Cell_PCH and the URA_PCH ??

Many thanks.

URA_PCH and Cell_PCH are both useful. You can go for URA_PCH as it is more beneficial in some aspect as per signalling load in uplink is concerned.

mobilink999
2012-02-29, 10:54 PM
I have seen networks for Cell PCH but not with URA. coming back to original question the benefits out weigh the side effects in my observation.