PDA

View Full Version : RXLEVEL problem in Dedicated mode

haq_enam
2012-02-28, 03:43 PM

in a site we have seen through DT in dedicated mode RXLEVL gone up to -128dBm and back and it is happening after some interval. Idle mode is okey...Dedicated mode rxlevel has kept good before reaching that value..

Pls let me know if anyone has any solution for that. I dont understand why it is happening and any impact in subscriber level.

Chinaman
2012-02-28, 04:10 PM
You description does not have enough data to give any suggestions, except to check the antenna system and cables/connectors.
When the RXLEVL goes to -128dBm, how far are you from the antenna?? Is it blocked by a building or other obstruction?
It's very possible that you cannot see the problem in Idle mode, since the measurements there are a lot slower then in dedicated mode.

Rooster[BG]
2012-02-28, 06:02 PM
Dear haq_enam,

As Chinaman said, you didn't gave much details.

Could you be more specific which TEMS parameter is shown in the picture.
Do you see such samples for RxLevSub when you pot process in Actix or some other tool ?

In TEMS, when you have DTX, readings for RxLevFull and RxLevSub can are very different (e.g. -110dBm for Full and for RxLevSub -70 dBm). When there is no DTX readings are similar.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

jan74
2012-02-28, 06:58 PM
;170957']Dear haq_enam,

As Chinaman said, you didn't gave much details.

Could you be more specific which TEMS parameter is shown in the picture.
Do you see such samples for RxLevSub when you pot process in Actix or some other tool ?

In TEMS, when you have DTX, readings for RxLevFull and RxLevSub can are very different (e.g. -110dBm for Full and for RxLevSub -70 dBm). When there is no DTX readings are similar.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

Agreed, looks like a DTX reading.

haq_enam
2012-02-28, 08:06 PM
I am sharing lof files with you guys..It is a indoor sites..antennas are quite close(4m) to MS.

Huawei System
DTX is ON
Power Control ON
RXLEVEL FULL=-78dBm and Sub=-128dBm
Layer=2
If you wants for anything else please let me know..

haq_enam
2012-03-01, 02:14 PM
Hello
Please let me know if you have any solution for that.. I am badly required . I have provided all necessary information to you and let me know if you need anything elase

D33T0X
2012-03-01, 03:45 PM
DTX is ON - I don't think you have an issue there - did you check the OSS statistics for that cell?

Hello
Please let me know if you have any solution for that.. I am badly required . I have provided all necessary information to you and let me know if you need anything elase

hf81
2012-03-06, 03:59 AM
I think this case is related to hardware problems, i suggest to do the following:

1- Re-download the BST SW
2- If the first step can't solve the problem you can swap the TRUs between cosited cells to check the HW

garry
2012-03-06, 04:29 PM
This put a smile to my face. Did anyone realise that -128dBm is impossible, yet TEMS is reporting it. The thermal noise floor is at -121dBm for GSM. :-p

auto_art
2012-03-06, 04:56 PM
ensure u r using tems orignal kit. with cr a c ked kits anything is possible because their calibration data of MS is not ok.

try using some another MS. DTX cannot be the reason. also u can test it on another sites. analyse it frst if u facing it again try checking ur fone with ascom.

plannerguy
2012-03-11, 03:58 PM
Hi

May be due to wrong MS/Software....

rEGARDS
Plannerguy

haq_enam
2012-03-12, 02:35 PM
I have checked all Sts and compare with similar other site but found no problem... I dont know what to do... I am think to forward it to Equipments vendor... No solution so far for that. By the way,We are using orginal SW of TEMS... We can change the HW part and install it somewhere