PDA

View Full Version : BENCHMARK MASTERS

liana
2009-01-23, 06:47 AM
All the benchmarkers plz advice on interop benchmarking procedure and easiest way to analyze log files.

basith.aces
2009-01-23, 11:09 PM
Benchmarking means to compare something, it can be either Pre and Pro KPI/Drive Test measurements or statistic.

You can also compare inter operators, this is usually done by Drive Test.
Inter Operator Benchmarking

Inter Operator benchmarking is the one which is done to compare different operator. It can be tested in two ways, Idle (coverage) and Dedicated (quality and c/i measurements). If you are collecting idle drive then you should collect the data in idle state for every operator at the same time. Which means all MS should be connected and kept as idle. The Wrong approach of inter operator benchmarking is to check 1 operator in dedicated mode and other operator in idle.

Note: Whatever drive test you are doing, you must make sure that you connect all your mobile to the same laptop. for example if you are having 3 operators to compare then there will be three MS (MS1, MS2 and MS3). All of these MS should be using different operator SIM. For Idle mode drive you dont need the receiving handset, but for dedicated mode you need 3 receiving sets with again the three operators sims.

Pre-Post Benchmarking

Pre-Post Benchmarking is used in redesign activities. If you are redesigning an area then you should collect a pre-drive measurements to analyze the area to retune/redesign. Once your plan is executed, then you do the post DT of the same area.

Note: In benchmarking, usually the routes and time frames are kept same. This is used when you are comparing the drives. Time frames are kept same so that the number of samples are collected approximately equal in pre and post drives.

simmus0300
2009-01-23, 11:58 PM
Benchmarking means to compare something, it can be either Pre and Pro KPI/Drive Test measurements or statistic.

You can also compare inter operators, this is usually done by Drive Test.
Inter Operator Benchmarking

Inter Operator benchmarking is the one which is done to compare different operator. It can be tested in two ways, Idle (coverage) and Dedicated (quality and c/i measurements). If you are collecting idle drive then you should collect the data in idle state for every operator at the same time. Which means all MS should be connected and kept as idle. The Wrong approach of inter operator benchmarking is to check 1 operator in dedicated mode and other operator in idle.

Note: Whatever drive test you are doing, you must make sure that you connect all your mobile to the same laptop. for example if you are having 3 operators to compare then there will be three MS (MS1, MS2 and MS3). All of these MS should be using different operator SIM. For Idle mode drive you dont need the receiving handset, but for dedicated mode you need 3 receiving sets with again the three operators sims.

Pre-Post Benchmarking

Pre-Post Benchmarking is used in redesign activities. If you are redesigning an area then you should collect a pre-drive measurements to analyze the area to retune/redesign. Once your plan is executed, then you do the post DT of the same area.

Note: In benchmarking, usually the routes and time frames are kept same. This is used when you are comparing the drives. Time frames are kept same so that the number of samples are collected approximately equal in pre and post drives.

Thanks for this information. Now tell me how to analys a no. of log files for rx qual, Rx level,call drop,handover,ARFCN,C/I, in a minimum and accurate way.

venom
2009-01-24, 12:43 AM
basith.aces

You have copied my words with your name, a really bad attitude of cheating the other post. Guys check this post

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=2292&highlight=benchmarking

basith.aces
2009-01-24, 05:08 AM
Dear ICCENGR

May be that was your post, i just thought of helping others with the post that u have posted on our website,
everybody knows that it previous post...
I never meant to cheat you really....otherwise i would have post on any other site.
Cant i forward ur post to help others?
plz reply..i need your answer

venom
2009-01-24, 05:43 AM
It is always good to share knowledge but the way of copying post is not the right way !

You can always post the link of the thread !

Users who wants to read it can go to that thread and read the complete posts !

Just tell me why do u need to DUPLICATE the posts? It is not professional bruv !

liana
2009-01-24, 05:50 AM
thanks everyboby..plz continue

basith.aces
2009-01-24, 07:13 AM
Ok fine,next time i shall forward your link..

if i hurt you, i am sorry for that...i accept my mistake.

venom
2009-01-24, 07:17 AM
Be professional !

basith.aces
2009-01-24, 07:21 AM
Dear

i shall do my best ......to be professional..

Lesmana
2009-01-25, 02:17 AM
All the benchmarkers plz advice on interop benchmarking procedure and easiest way to analyze log files.

Benchmark can be done by using the DT Logfiles as well as by using the daily stats collected from the OMCR....Its just a way of comparison of the network status...i.e...suppose you made a change of FP in an existing network, after the change..just monitor different KPI's (CSSR,HOSR,DCR,IBANDS,etc..) and analyze whether there is any improvement..specially check your objective to implement the new FP....and then made a report with necessasry graph to show the effect of your change on the network KPI's.

I think this types of benchmarking you are not searching as you want to do that among operators...So it will be easier for you by using DT Logfiles...Remember just one thing-how many operators sim card u use, all the handsets should be connected with the same laptop and in same mode..IDLE or Dedicated...idle mode is recommended to compare the coverage...you can also use dedicated mode...the duration of calls of every handsets should be equal...keep all the handsets in same environment.....

One of our friends already attached sample report..hope those will help a lot.

Thanks...

nosferatu007
2009-01-25, 03:17 AM
benchmarking (drive-test) can do for single or multi operator. For single operator benchmark result, it will feedback our network performance to show weaken point in our network. So we can take into account that our network should focus on coverage or quality problem. In the same time with multi vendor benchmarking we can compare the coverage with our competitors. Somehow we can use it for planing new site also. The result we should report from benchmark such as RxLev, RxQual, C2I, HOSR, CSSR, CCR, No of Cell ID (imply no of sites in such operator).

liana
2009-01-25, 03:51 AM
thanks for sharing ur knowledge.plz upload if u got any sample report.

BR

liana
2009-01-25, 04:16 AM
Plz share share sample report for both interop BM & intraop BM.

BR

rnpopt
2009-01-25, 05:40 AM
Ok.
Does any one have Actix Report Template for the Benchmarking report?
if,please share it.

Lesmana
2009-01-26, 05:40 AM

BR

I was searching for the template i created in Actix during the acceptance period while i working as a team leader in a 2G project...there we used 3 operators status of Cov. reliability, qual, MOS ( Converted from SQI-u hv to do the same in case of tems DT).......once u get the template, it can be done within a minute but offcourse u should have the actix...

interesting job...as u are trying to do some really creative things...coz..once u finish the DT, u will get so many things to analyze as well as scopes to improve the network performance....and the lagging of the operators also..

good luck..

Lesmana
2009-01-26, 05:42 AM

BR

I was searching for the template i created in Actix during the acceptance period while i working as a team leader in a 2G project...there we used 3 operators status of Cov. reliability, qual, MOS ( Converted from SQI-u hv to do the same in case of tems DT).......once u get the template, it can be done within a minute but offcourse u should have the actix...

interesting job...as u are trying to do some really creative things...coz..once u finish the DT, u will get so many things to analyze as well as scopes to improve the network performance....and the lagging of the operators also..

good luck..

NILCTG
2009-05-13, 04:40 PM
@Alam

Bro, have u got the template & if so, would you plz share? Thanks.

rajeshtripathi2004
2009-05-13, 07:19 PM
Use Actix Analyser, its a very powerful tool... It supports most of the Drive Test tools... Superstream the logs into the tool & see whatever information element you want.. You can also write queries, change binning .... There's another module called Spotlight.. It is even more wonderful & eliminates the need for manully seeing the log siles for day-2-day optimization acitivities..... This can be download (with *****) from any Torrent website... or from this forum...

dexterhaba
2009-05-18, 03:18 PM
Hi Iccengr,, all credits should be yours,, thank you... anyway newbie here,,, how is it possible for one receiver to benchmark all operator in idle mode? we dont need simcard? thanks.

justdream
2009-05-18, 06:30 PM
how is it possible for one receiver to benchmark all operator in idle mode? we dont need simcard? thanks.

to work in Idle mode, you will need SIM card but no need to pay charge......but to benchmark in idle mode is not enough for benchmarking

punto
2009-05-22, 05:48 PM
Hi forum masters !
Has anybody thought and made a script that extracts different network timers and settings of parameters for 3-4 networks measured with TEMS and benchmarked at the same time on the same route (not crucial for this what I ask) ... not only compared usual voice&data KPIs, but made comparison of different network settings of it in a simple table, as a result of extracting of collected data over Air Interface ?
This makes direct insight to some network tuning data , that are quite interesting and directly explain the better/worse respond of the networks measured ?
Has anybody did it for benchmarking of 2G and also 3G ?
Punto:)

venom
2009-05-23, 02:24 AM
Hi forum masters !
Has anybody thought and made a script that extracts different network timers and settings of parameters for 3-4 networks measured with TEMS and benchmarked at the same time on the same route (not crucial for this what I ask) ... not only compared usual voice&data KPIs, but made comparison of different network settings of it in a simple table, as a result of extracting of collected data over Air Interface ?
This makes direct insight to some network tuning data , that are quite interesting and directly explain the better/worse respond of the networks measured ?
Has anybody did it for benchmarking of 2G and also 3G ?
Punto:)

Dear Punto,

I have done benchmarking with TEMS and NEMO but the parameters are requested by the operators, different operators like to benchmark different parameters like rxqual, sqi, FER, rxlevs etc. It all again depends on the Mode of drive (Benchmark Drive) for example Long Call Benchmark, Short Call Benchmark or IDLE Mode benchmark !

Different operators takes different things to know the performance of their network. That is why i haven't created any .tex file for the export but it is easy to create, you can do it in export settings. Please note you don't have to plot the events when showing the plots. If you want to consider the timers, radio link failures etc, then you should generate the report from TEMS Investigation, it will give you the display Graph as well. I hope it is clear with you !