PDA

View Full Version : Question 40W per carrier pros and cons?

wolverine
2012-02-25, 03:55 AM
Hi guys,

If anyone has experience with 40W per carrier can they summarise the pros and cons? Or any documentation around the subject?

thanks

aygo
2012-02-25, 04:08 AM
hi wolverine

i have only this

maq17
2012-02-26, 11:58 AM
I've just used it for rural environments with large coverage areas. That combined with cell range beyond 20Km and low number of users works fine. In those cases, 46dBm for CPICH Power was used

In urban areas with regular to high amount of users, problems appear with overlapping to another cells, so you must control it decreasing CPICH power. You must check also RTWP and code tree usage, because the problems could appear with that 2 cases

What is your scenario?

labviewlover
2012-02-26, 01:36 PM
hi wolverine

i have only this

kindly, u don't have the Powerpoint slides of this PDF, including other embedded slides (Link budget results, static simulation results..etc)?

many thanks

elkador
2012-02-26, 09:23 PM
40W per carrier :
RF wise : only advantage. Dealing with excessive power is always easier than dealing with a lack of it.
Budget wise : bad. Be careful (depending of the vendor) that some fancy 6-sectors sites, special config, and more than one frequency NodeB are fully supported. You may end-up splitting NodeB, and deploying a huge amount of RF heads...

dremka
2012-04-09, 09:36 PM
Hi guys,

If anyone has experience with 40W per carrier can they summarise the pros and cons? Or any documentation around the subject?

thanks

I use 60W (47.8dBm) rru with cpich 36 dBm. It works fine with one assumption - users have externals antennas attached to their UEs.

firstmaxim
2012-04-09, 10:03 PM
A 40W per carrier scenario should provide more coverage, but from the capacity point of view, should not differ much from a 20W or for that matter even a 10W carrier.