PDA

View Full Version : RRC Connection Release CCCH-unspecified

kentck86
2012-02-21, 01:06 PM
Hi all,

Anyone can assists me on this please? I got a call attempt failure event due to RRC Connection Release CCCH cause-unspecified. RF condition and UL interference is normal, anyone experienced this?

thank you

kentck86
2012-02-22, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

Here i added in screen capture for the failure event L3 signallings.

Anyone please enlighten me on the source of the failure cause please?

thank you

boring
2012-02-22, 05:06 PM
i am not sure that this message was destined for your UE, but rather for a different UE which was listening at the same time the FACH channel.

from what i see from the trace the RRC connection was succesfully established (RRC connection setup complete), but the call was not setup due to the SERVICE_ABORT which was initiated by your UE.

makes sense?

kentck86
2012-02-22, 05:16 PM
i am not sure that this message was destined for your UE, but rather for a different UE which was listening at the same time the FACH channel.

from what i see from the trace the RRC connection was succesfully established (RRC connection setup complete), but the call was not setup due to the SERVICE_ABORT which was initiated by your UE.

makes sense?

Hi,

i agree there were CM service abort, but as seen from the timing, RRC Connection release CCCH came before the CM service abort. Believe the cause if from the RRC Connection release.

boring
2012-02-22, 06:43 PM
to prove my point, just check the UE reference of the messages: RRC connection request, RRC connection setup and RRC connection release

kentck86
2012-02-22, 10:31 PM
Could you be more specific? How to check the UE reference base on those messages?

to prove my point, just check the UE reference of the messages: RRC connection request, RRC connection setup and RRC connection release

boring
2012-02-22, 11:09 PM
Ok the UE reference is either TMSI, P-TMSI, or IMSI

in the screenshots here you can see that RRC request has the UE's TMSI (=2618809348), whereas its correspondings RRC setup has also the UE's TMSI

you could do the same check in your trace as well

hope this helps. reputation greatly appreciated!

agenov
2012-02-22, 11:56 PM
how can you have command to release rrc in case of it hasnt been established yet (you are in the middle of RRC establishment procedure), obviously not possible. This is related to other user since UE still listen the common fach channel as other colleagues said. Focus on initiated by UE release in order to deal with the case.

BR
Alex

kentck86
2012-02-23, 12:07 AM
Hi,

Please find the Capture TMSI infos as follows:

so,from your point, meaning that this is an event triggered by DT handling related issue, which is probably happens due to Abort was made by user or test device itself and it is non-network-related?

thank you

boring
2012-02-23, 12:12 AM
yeap. this is totally correct

the CM_SERVICE_ABORT message was sent by UE (DT, technician etc)

and of course we remove this failed callsetup from the CSSR KPI ;)

zeezzoo
2012-02-23, 12:23 AM
Dears,
I have a similar case :
the UE gets "RRC Connection Release" in Cell-DCH State with the cause "Unspecified"
PS : the RRC is released before releasing the RAB ==> so in the analyzer this is counted as a "PS Call Drop" but not as "RRC Drop"

PS :
Ec/No , RSCP , RTWP are all good

Anyone could help please

kentck86
2012-02-23, 12:27 AM
Hi,

Could you post some L3 capture please, or you might post the log here for further analysis.

thank you

Dears,
I have a similar case :
the UE gets "RRC Connection Release" in Cell-DCH State with the cause "Unspecified"
PS : the RRC is released before releasing the RAB ==> so in the analyzer this is counted as a "PS Call Drop" but not as "RRC Drop"

PS :

Anyone could help please

agenov
2012-02-23, 12:32 AM
I believe your case is different my friend. In case of radio conditions are OK you may try with analyze of cell's KPIs as well as network trace if any....

BR
Alex

Dears,
I have a similar case :

PS :

Anyone could help please

kentck86
2012-02-23, 12:49 AM
Hi,

There were another case i faced

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?27146-CM-Service-Reject-message-not-compatible-with-the-protocol-state

(http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?27146-CM-Service-Reject-message-not-compatible-with-the-protocol-state)Please enlighten me.

thank you

lamhd_bk
2012-02-24, 06:27 PM
The L3 message in nemo doesnt follow the process of L3 message

rorellan
2012-11-23, 09:24 AM
Hi

I have the same issue. I think it is due to some synchronization issue. More over sometime I have RRC Connection release-CCCH due to release cause user inactivity, normal event, congestion and directed signalling connection re-establishment. But not quite sure why? If someone can collaborate more about this it is much appreciated.

lamhd_bk
2012-11-24, 01:41 AM
Call attempt failure due to CM Service Abort
The problem from Core Network

ninjafine
2012-11-24, 07:58 PM
Hi all! Actually CM SERVICE ABORT leads to Rrc Connection Release with Cause Normal. As Rorellan said cause unspecified may have place due synchronization issue,
you may see real network scenario below:

Rrc Connection Request (registration)
Rrc Connection Setup
Rrc Connection Setup Complete
MM Location Updating Request
GMM GPRS Attach Request
Ranap Security Mode Command
Nbap Radio Link Failure Indication (cause radioNetwork synchronisation-failure)
Ranap Security Mode Reject (failure-in-the-radio-interface-procedure)
Ranap Iu Release Request (failure-in-the-radio-interface-procedure)
Ranap Iu Release Command (failure-in-the-radio-interface-procedure)
Rrc Connection Release (releaseCause unspecified)