PDA

View Full Version : CM Service Reject-message not compatible with the protocol state

kentck86
2012-02-21, 01:03 PM
Hi All,

Anyone can tell me that what is the actual cause for this please? CM Service Reject-message not compatible with the protocol state, it was checked that the RF is good and no UL interference founded.

kentck86
2012-02-22, 04:24 PM
Hi All,

Here i added some screen capture for the above case, where it is seen from the screen capture that the RF condition is good but there were CM service reject with the cause of message not compatible with the protocol state and afterwards there were some 'alien' signalling occurred (FYI this site is located at my country border , there might be roaming activity to the neighboring country but as far as i know, neighboring country doesnt have 3G services at the border area yet.)

Anyone please enlighten me on this.

thank you

boring
2012-02-24, 04:38 PM
hi,
which messages are the "alien" signalling for you?
or even better is it possible to share that part of the trace?

kentck86
2012-02-24, 04:52 PM
hi,
which messages are the "alien" signalling for you?
or even better is it possible to share that part of the trace?

Hi Friend,

Those signalling like CP_ACK which is alien to me...Please find the attachment for the DT Trace and IMSI Trace.
Moreover, allow me to describe a little more details of the scenario here, as observed from the DT trace, it is seen that there were packet activated in the middle of 1st call , well the RRC connection remains and proceed to the next call and it does succeed and call disconnected in normal way. When it came to 3rd Call, CM service request sent and it was received with CM service reject in prompt, however there were still no RRC connection release been triggered and the Call service is continue succeed. Actually the objective of this test if CS AMR 12.2kbps call but there were unintended interruption of packet activated from the testing UE. Feel free to comment further on the findings from the trace log.

thank you

boring
2012-02-25, 12:34 AM
Hi Mate
well CP_DATA, CP_ACK messages are basically SMS messages which appeared during the trace.
now i have some problems with the traces you attached:
1. i don't see any packet activity in the nmf file (i see only 4 succesful voice calls). also i don't see SC 91. i guess this is not the correct log unless there is a problem with my c**d actix ;)
2. i cannot open the tmf. i guess i have an older version: iLMTV100R002. do you have a newer version of the Huawei trace viewer?

jayk
2012-02-25, 02:29 AM
How can I view .nmf files?

kentck86
2012-02-25, 11:58 AM
Hi Mate,

My bad, wrong DT trace log. I editted the attachment and i just added in another new case of CM service reject case which is without Packet activated and RRC Connection was released from its previous call. As for the .tmf file you needed this LMT DBS3900 WCDMA V200R012C00SPC410 Ver to decode but the file is around 200MB, it takes me much longer time to upload or there might be someone already posted in this forum. Moreover, if you are able to get newest version of UMAT you will be able to decode this too.

thank you

Hi Mate
well CP_DATA, CP_ACK messages are basically SMS messages which appeared during the trace.
1. i don't see any packet activity in the nmf file (i see only 4 succesful voice calls). also i don't see SC 91. i guess this is not the correct log unless there is a problem with my c**d actix ;)
2. i cannot open the tmf. i guess i have an older version: iLMTV100R002. do you have a newer version of the Huawei trace viewer?

kentck86
2012-02-25, 12:00 PM
Hi Friend,

This DT trace is recorded using Nemo Outdoor, guess Nemo Analyzer,Actix are able to read this. as for .tmf you needed LMT DBS3900 WCDMA V200R012C00SPC410 to decode.

thank you

How can I view .nmf files?

kentck86
2012-02-25, 12:13 PM
Hi Mate,

Please find the .tmf decoder link as follows:

http://www.2shared.com/file/1ng6Dajh/LMT_DBS3900_WCDMA_V200R012C00S.htm
(http://www.2shared.com/file/1ng6Dajh/LMT_DBS3900_WCDMA_V200R012C00S.htm)
thank you

Hi Mate

boring
2012-02-29, 04:53 PM
hi mate
hope everything is fine with you.
well i have analysed the nmf traces, and i may have a reason for this behaviour.
i'm trying to check the tmf traces as well but i fail miserably. i have installed the LMT software from your link but when i open a tmf trace i got an error message that "the product of the file tmf is not installed. the file cannot be opened". do you know how i could solve this problem?
cheers

kentck86
2012-02-29, 05:15 PM
Hi Friend,

Maybe this product needed to be preinstalled as well.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/wPEffeH2/BSC6900_V900R012C01SPH516_Offl.html

thank you
(http://www.4shared.com/rar/wPEffeH2/BSC6900_V900R012C01SPH516_Offl.html)

hi mate
hope everything is fine with you.
well i have analysed the nmf traces, and i may have a reason for this behaviour.
i'm trying to check the tmf traces as well but i fail miserably. i have installed the LMT software from your link but when i open a tmf trace i got an error message that "the product of the file tmf is not installed. the file cannot be opened". do you know how i could solve this problem?
cheers

boring
2012-03-01, 03:09 AM
Hi mate,
i have a final conculsion of what happened ""CS CM Service Reject-Message Not Compatible With Protocol State(Msia-Thai Border)":

as i told you in my previous e-mail the strange messages are actually a terminating SMS which is received. now the service reject message is actually due to this. if you analyse the tmf you will wee that:

msg #1685: RANAP_PAGING (terminating low priority signalling = SMS)
(at this point the Huawei-MSC is configured to receive a paging response for this message instead:
msg #1687: Service request (cause originating call)
(this results in service reject with cause message not compatible with the protocol state)
msg #1716: RANAP_PAGING (terminating low priority signalling = SMS)
msg #1717: Page type 2
(this paging is actually received by UE which responds succesfully)

So based on this the problem i see is with RNC because although it receives the RANAP_Paging (@ msg 1685), it fails to relay this to UE (we don't see a corresponding page type 2) and this results in this reject message by the MSC (unexpected behaviour).

hope it is clear :)

kentck86
2012-03-01, 01:08 PM
Hi Mate,

Appreciate your details findings.
However I wonder why there is msg # 1685 RANAP_Paging (Terminating Low Priority Signalling) from CN triggerred as there is no SMS activity seen before the CM service reject. SMS activity only seen after the

Hi mate,
i have a final conculsion of what happened ""CS CM Service Reject-Message Not Compatible With Protocol State(Msia-Thai Border)":

as i told you in my previous e-mail the strange messages are actually a terminating SMS which is received. now the service reject message is actually due to this. if you analyse the tmf you will wee that:

msg #1685: RANAP_PAGING (terminating low priority signalling = SMS)
(at this point the Huawei-MSC is configured to receive a paging response for this message instead:
msg #1687: Service request (cause originating call)
(this results in service reject with cause message not compatible with the protocol state)
(this paging is actually received by UE which responds succesfully)

So based on this the problem i see is with RNC because although it receives the RANAP_Paging (@ msg 1685), it fails to relay this to UE (we don't see a corresponding page type 2) and this results in this reject message by the MSC (unexpected behaviour).

hope it is clear :)

boring
2012-03-01, 05:15 PM
have in mind that this is a terminating SMS, so we need a succesful paging procedure from MSC towards the UE.

the MSC sends a page to RNC (msg #1685) in order to send this to the UE. BUT THE RNC FAILS TO SEND THIS PAGE (because we don't see a corresponding PAGE TYPE 2). As a result the UE is completely unaware for this proceedings and consequenlty it does not send a SERVICE REQUEST (cause paging response) in order to initiate the reception of the terminating SMS.

Rather, completely by accident, it tries to establish a call SERVICE REQUEST (casue originating call) which is seen as unforseen by MSC (because this is already configured for the delivery of the SMS)

kentck86
2012-03-01, 05:24 PM
Thank you mate,

It is terminating SMS....i will bear in mind for this...i never looked into SMS L3 + IMSI signalling all this while thus i am confused. However, i was requested my team to perform tests on SMS with IMSI trace.

have in mind that this is a terminating SMS, so we need a succesful paging procedure from MSC towards the UE.

the MSC sends a page to RNC (msg #1685) in order to send this to the UE. BUT THE RNC FAILS TO SEND THIS PAGE (because we don't see a corresponding PAGE TYPE 2). As a result the UE is completely unaware for this proceedings and consequenlty it does not send a SERVICE REQUEST (cause paging response) in order to initiate the reception of the terminating SMS.

Rather, completely by accident, it tries to establish a call SERVICE REQUEST (casue originating call) which is seen as unforseen by MSC (because this is already configured for the delivery of the SMS)