PDA

View Full Version : GeoLocation Tools for 3G

elkador
2012-01-30, 08:56 PM
Hi there,

Can anyone comment and/or suggest geolocation tools for a 3G network?
It seems there is 2 main categories :
1) Probe based : Astellia, Tektronics
2) RNC trace based (GPEH or Megamon) : Arieso, Newfield, Celcite, Ultima Mentor

Is there a clear winner among them?

kentck86
2012-02-10, 05:54 PM
Hi there,

Hi,

Did you know which software can decode 3G CHR or PCHR datas?

thank you

striker
2012-02-22, 01:38 AM
Hi there,

Is there a clear wiGnner among them?

Use ultima mentor.. It's a very nice tool...It has plenty of functions..capable for scrambling code tuning, power changes etc.....

Interface
2012-02-22, 05:08 PM
I agree with Mr Striker:D

elkador
2012-02-22, 08:52 PM
Thx for the input.
Could you be more accurate? had you the chance the compare them, or is this judgement based on your day to day job?

saullow
2012-05-19, 07:38 AM
ActixOne solution from Actix is the best tool for geolocation in nowadays. Arieso is similar.

cocoloco
2012-06-14, 07:06 PM
ActixOne solution from Actix is the best tool for geolocation in nowadays. Arieso is similar.

Does anyone know if Actix collect data 24x7? I think Arieso does.
What kind of algorithm does Actix use for Geolocation? How accurate is it?

elkador
2012-06-14, 08:09 PM
All are claiming to be 24/7.

Algorithm are obviously proprietary. But it looks like Actix is having less accurate geolocation capabilities : 100 x 100m bin.

a19997104
2012-06-21, 12:12 PM
hi, do you have some documentation about actixOne that can share? thank you very much

cs2000
2012-06-28, 04:50 PM
Hi there,

try AEXIO Xeus Pro 2012. its RNC trace based supporting GPEH / CHR&PCHR / Megamon
able to do geolocate for abnormal calls.

cs2000
2012-06-28, 05:01 PM
All are claiming to be 24/7.

Algorithm are obviously proprietary. But it looks like Actix is having less accurate geolocation capabilities : 100 x 100m bin.

since you are looking at 24/7 solutions why dont you try aexio xeus pro with task automation module which can schedule ftp and parsing of this logs.
they also have some 100mx100m bin plots feature from what i saw the last in their product demo.

dmitry28
2012-06-28, 06:30 PM
We tried Nevfield network CDMA 1X and EVDO. We liked this toll.
You can quickly find the problem areas of the network. Complaints subscribers. collect statistics on the network as a whole and for each sector, the subscriber individually.

cocoloco
2012-08-02, 07:02 PM
Any opinion/experience about Celcite?
Thanks

tyberry
2013-04-13, 03:54 PM
Hi all,

How can these tools scale to collect so much measurement data 24x7 - for LTE presumably these solutions are collecting GPEH, UETR, CTR etc and also PM counter information on a real-time basis?

Also when people are using these tools is it being used in real-time mode? Thats a lot of data to deal with, how are these systems capable of dealing with so much data? Any ideas of what Dbase solutions are being used? Oracle, DB2?

Many thanks,

Brajesh
2013-04-16, 03:51 AM
Hi,
For Geolocation tool(for multi-vendor)
Arieso: good for Huawei(PCHR) and alsoE\\(GPEH), For Megamon(NSN) i am not sure they support or not.
COPS Geo(Celcite):Support Huawei(PCHR),E\\(GPEH) and NSN(Megamon). They have VIP care tool also.
As i am also working in tool based company (one of the company that you mention). I will not say that you go with any perticular tool. I suggest you to check on verious aspect:
-> Tool support various Version of RAN
->Tool support various Vendor.
-> Provide various kind of report(like Missing Neb.,Block analysis,drop Analysis,Throughuput issue etc.)
-> Provide various kind of distribution(Coverage,E/Io,Pilot Pollution,Drop,Block,IMSI,UE,Througput etc)
->Provide VIP care.

Regards

tyberry
2013-04-17, 04:00 AM
Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for excellent feedback..!

Can you help me understand the workflow and how these tools work?

For e.g. are these tools continuously collecting PHCR/GPEH/MEGAMON etc on a 24/7 365 basis? if so how does the eNodeB manage this from a CPU load etc basis? Is there an impact on the eNodeB?

My understanding was that optimisation engineers would use these tools to fix optimisation issues on ad-hoc basis...!!

Is that true?

Also I see that NewField is claiming that they are 24/7 real-time - 10s of billions of records a day? How can their platform really and truly scale?

Any ideas on the hardware they are using, is it customer of the shelf servers, Oracle database? etc so it is proprietary hardware and some form of big data platform that allows them to build this flexible ETL.

Many thanks,

elkador
2013-04-20, 08:48 PM
Arieso does support Megamon.

As for Newfield : they use Tokyo Cabinet for the database. They are indeed almost real-time (few minutes if not seconds)... Support for Megamon is yet to come.

tyberry
2013-04-23, 02:47 AM
Hi Elkador,

Do you have documentations for Arieso, Newfield etc..I'm looking to better there overall solutions as well all the use cases they support?

Also what would be interesting is to know what are still the gaps in terms of fulfilling an optimising application, in terms of a planning tool etc...

If you have further information on this that would be most appreciated...!!!

elkador
2013-04-23, 06:53 AM
I have some docs, but you should contact them directly : they may have all answers to your questions...

tyberry
2013-04-23, 07:28 AM
Are you able to share them on the forum?

hartono
2013-04-24, 12:57 PM
Replied in a newer thread on this forum: http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?35120-Opinion-Experience-about-GeoLocation-Tools-3G-4G&p=205931#post205931

You should contact them directly for brochures. They all marked confidential :D

cchaudhu
2013-12-27, 03:20 PM
well, there is another NSN tool in market, which can give accuracy of 50metres for abnormal calls.

tyberry
2014-01-03, 05:40 PM
Hi cchaudhu,

Can you share some more information about this tool from NSN? How can it give accuracy of 50 meters for abnormal calls? is it a proprietary algorithm?

Please share more information...?

djordjebeg
2014-01-09, 12:57 AM
Hi,

is it bloody CLA ? :-)

If it is accuracy is 5 km.

regards,

electron
2014-01-09, 01:41 AM
U missed Actix One in your list as well as TEMS Visualization

Cheers
Hi there,

electron
2014-01-09, 01:46 AM
It was good point to mention ; Actually OSS servers are quiet strong in term of CPU capability. I saw ANR and real time monitoring for 3G without extra hardware just using OSS for 24/7 period !

Also it depend how many messages simultaneously gonna be recorded and processed for the tools.

Cheers
Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for excellent feedback..!

Can you help me understand the workflow and how these tools work?

For e.g. are these tools continuously collecting PHCR/GPEH/MEGAMON etc on a 24/7 365 basis? if so how does the eNodeB manage this from a CPU load etc basis? Is there an impact on the eNodeB?

My understanding was that optimisation engineers would use these tools to fix optimisation issues on ad-hoc basis...!!

Is that true?

Also I see that NewField is claiming that they are 24/7 real-time - 10s of billions of records a day? How can their platform really and truly scale?

Any ideas on the hardware they are using, is it customer of the shelf servers, Oracle database? etc so it is proprietary hardware and some form of big data platform that allows them to build this flexible ETL.

Many thanks,

tyberry
2014-02-09, 08:50 PM
Hi Elkador,

You mentioned Tokyo Cabinet? what can this database technology be compared to?

Vertica? Cassandra? MongDB? trying to understand how this database technology is far superior than current others?

Any thoughts welcome - thanks.

ltecity
2014-03-11, 04:19 PM
Arieso is very good tool.Gives accurate result upto 50 x 50 m bins.

Good user interface.

amadeo
2014-03-13, 11:06 PM
Hi All,
I have big curiosity in my mind about how do they able to decode GPEH or megamon or huawei call trace data without metadata from vendor??? Or they do have it from vendor? Is it some kind of agreement between 3rd party and vendor?

cheers,

amadeo

electron
2014-03-14, 01:36 AM
The tool which i mentioned in my previous post (the home made one) as far as i remember does not need any decoding or export from RNC or manual activity. It automatically read GPEH from RNC for ANR function and decode it automatically and process it and implement the relations and after that will report every ROP(15 or 30 minute). Interesting !

Cheers
Hi All,
I have big curiosity in my mind about how do they able to decode GPEH or megamon or huawei call trace data without metadata from vendor??? Or they do have it from vendor? Is it some kind of agreement between 3rd party and vendor?

cheers,

amadeo

amadeo
2014-03-14, 07:13 AM
electron,
That was a cool tool. It just need to have little GUI so that can have some degree of control. Let see if this going to fly.

btw, do you have any suggestion how can i improve my level to at least member?

cheers,

amadeo

electron
2014-03-14, 10:49 AM
Read forum rule and get detailed about how to change your membership level.

Cheers
electron,
That was a cool tool. It just need to have little GUI so that can have some degree of control. Let see if this going to fly.

btw, do you have any suggestion how can i improve my level to at least member?

cheers,

amadeo

amadeo
2014-03-15, 12:03 AM
I got it. I will keep on posting :)

toyo
2015-02-27, 08:27 PM
Hi electron,

the tool that you mentioned, is it reading the binary file (GPEH/Megamon/CHR/PCHR) or already in the XML or text file or log file from OSS?
Many thanks
Toyo

electron
2015-02-27, 09:17 PM
Hi electron,

the tool that you mentioned, is it reading the binary file (GPEH/Megamon/CHR/PCHR) or already in the XML or text file or log file from OSS?
Many thanks
Toyo

Hi,

What's make difference for you if it is binary text or XML? :)

Cheers

tpkj
2015-03-03, 06:16 PM
Hi,

ZTE tool for geolocation is NetMax.