PDA

View Full Version : [ask] nemo outdoor and device

emptyroom
2012-01-27, 09:58 AM
Hi, i haven't use nemo outdoor before. could you tell me, could we use generic nokia handphone for make some drive test with this software, or we have to use nokia handphone with some licence or software buildin? thanks, and sory for my stupid question ;)

Rooster[BG]
2012-01-27, 04:29 PM
Hi emptyroom,

You can't use generic phone. Nokia has special firmware for their phones - NTM (Nokia Test Mobile). You need such phone and you can;t buy it form Nokia, you have to buy it from Anite. Also depending on Nemo Outdoor license, it is possible that you need particular Nokia model (for example - C5, C6, C7)

Edit:
Generic devices that can be used are Datacards based on Qualcomm chipsets (GSM/UMTS/LTE). Again you need to have license for that.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

emptyroom
2012-01-28, 07:25 AM
;166738']Hi emptyroom,

You can't use generic phone. Nokia has special firmware for their phones - NTM (Nokia Test Mobile). You need such phone and you can;t buy it form Nokia, you have to buy it from Anite. Also depending on Nemo Outdoor license, it is possible that you need particular Nokia model (for example - C5, C6, C7)

Edit:
Generic devices that can be used are Datacards based on Qualcomm chipsets (GSM/UMTS/LTE). Again you need to have license for that.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

what about doing cdma drive test with nemo outdoor, is this using cdma device with license too?

Rooster[BG]
2012-01-29, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure because I've never need it but probably it is more or less the same as GSM/UMTS.

BR,
Rooster[BG]

Motorola
2012-01-29, 06:06 AM
Unlike some other software, Nemo needs also handler license for CDMA devices.

emptyroom
2012-02-08, 08:07 AM
Unlike some other software, Nemo needs also handler license for CDMA devices.
So nemo outdoor still need handler licence for cdma device. can you tell me,what drive test software can i use with cdma retail phone?thanks before

Motorola
2012-02-08, 08:18 AM
couei xcal with qualcomm chipset phones

emptyroom
2012-02-08, 08:37 AM
couei xcal with qualcomm chipset phones
what ver sir?thanks

Motorola
2012-02-08, 07:27 PM
Version is not too important however, license is ! if dongle or soft license not include particular license it will not work.

bssmsm
2012-02-14, 02:56 AM
Use Nemo Outdoor 4.2 (search on forum, it easy to find it) and go to your mobile operator and buy some Samsung 3G phone...activate qualcomm mode (search on forum) and install qualcomm drivers on your PC...then you are ready to make some test... :)

scape
2012-02-14, 09:22 AM
CDMA you can use MOTO V3C PHONES.

emptyroom
2012-03-05, 08:54 AM
Use Nemo Outdoor 4.2 (search on forum, it easy to find it) and go to your mobile operator and buy some Samsung 3G phone...activate qualcomm mode (search on forum) and install qualcomm drivers on your PC...then you are ready to make some test... :)
have you try it before sir,and what about the parameter, are they really can record?,
last one sir, can you tell me the series of samsung phone
thanks for your help

Trompo
2012-03-06, 10:56 PM
Also Nemo Outdoor 5.3 with c**** is in this forum. I use LGP-500h phone (Optimus One) to do a WalkTest or DriveTest (GSM/WCDMA even HSDPA throughput). Nemo detect it as TM7200 phone, but you need set USB cellphone as "USB debugging" (Menu/Settings/Application/Development/USB debugging). Drivers is in LG page.
About the parameters? do you need some particular parameters? I extract RxLevSub, RxQual, BER, C/I, BCCH, Cell ID for GSM; RSCP, EcNo, BLER, Scrambling Code, Cell ID (only in IDLE mode) for WCDMA and Throughput, CQI for HSDPA, if you need another parameter I can check it for.

BR

bssmsm
2012-03-07, 08:57 AM
a) I use it everyday.
b) yes, its work: 2G(RxLev, RxQual, C/I, BCCH, Cell id, TxPower) - 3G(RSSI, RSCP, Scrambling Code, EcNo, Uarfcn, TxPower, Cell id)
c) 90% of samsung 3G phones use Qualcomm chipset. (I buy on ebay and never make a mistake, only find UMTS Samsung Phone)

have you try it before sir,and what about the parameter, are they really can record?,
last one sir, can you tell me the series of samsung phone
thanks for your help

Trompo
2012-03-08, 02:43 AM
As far as I know, all 3G cellphone (WCDMA technology) has Qualcomm chipset, because Qualcomm developed and patented the technology, but it doesn't mean that Nemo Outdoor detect all those cellphone.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

BR

a) I use it everyday.
b) yes, its work: 2G(RxLev, RxQual, C/I, BCCH, Cell id, TxPower) - 3G(RSSI, RSCP, Scrambling Code, EcNo, Uarfcn, TxPower, Cell id)
c) 90% of samsung 3G phones use Qualcomm chipset. (I buy on ebay and never make a mistake, only find UMTS Samsung Phone)

bssmsm
2012-03-12, 10:47 PM
I buy a lot of 3G Samsung Phones and always work with nemo...

As far as I know, all 3G cellphone (WCDMA technology) has Qualcomm chipset, because Qualcomm developed and patented the technology, but it doesn't mean that Nemo Outdoor detect all those cellphone.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

BR

bikplaboi
2012-12-20, 09:37 AM
Hi Trompo,

Is the USB debugging mode set with a code or just through the OS settings on the LG Phone?

Thanks,

bikplaboi

QUOTE=Trompo;171946]Also Nemo Outdoor 5.3 with c**** is in this forum. I use LGP-500h phone (Optimus One) to do a WalkTest or DriveTest (GSM/WCDMA even HSDPA throughput). Nemo detect it as TM7200 phone, but you need set USB cellphone as "USB debugging" (Menu/Settings/Application/Development/USB debugging). Drivers is in LG page.
About the parameters? do you need some particular parameters? I extract RxLevSub, RxQual, BER, C/I, BCCH, Cell ID for GSM; RSCP, EcNo, BLER, Scrambling Code, Cell ID (only in IDLE mode) for WCDMA and Throughput, CQI for HSDPA, if you need another parameter I can check it for.

BR[/QUOTE]

bssmsm
2012-12-21, 08:46 PM
See my post:

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?33468-Easy-procedure-to-connect-Samsung-phone-to-NEMO

Easy procedure to connect Samsung phones to Nemo