PDA

View Full Version : Question how to reduce NSN WCDMA cell range to 50-100m

idxtor
2012-01-25, 07:36 PM
I need tempopary drive out regular subscribers from NSN WCDMA cell in rural area (for quality testing purposes). Required condition: cell cannot be locked/barred during testing. It should serve as usual, but coverage must be reduced to 50-100 meters. Is there any way to do it with WCELL/WBTS parameters? QoS? Or any other way?
Thanks in advance.

elkador
2012-01-25, 08:33 PM
Reduce the CPICH at minimum, and all related control channels. But this requires a NodeB reboot. Not sure you want to go this way...

kevin_h811
2012-01-26, 02:09 PM
You can downtilt your antennas so as to maintain power (if not CPICH reduce option) so that there will be also improvement on indoor.

idxtor
2012-02-08, 02:39 AM
You can downtilt your antennas so as to maintain power (if not CPICH reduce option) so that there will be also improvement on indoor.

Reduce the CPICH at minimum, and all related control channels. But this requires a NodeB reboot. Not sure you want to go this way...

Thanks to both of you. My problem was solved with downtilt.

p.s. Have any of you used Cell Range parameter? i tried, but cannot find any changes in cell coverage.. maybe there are some dependencies from other parameters?

zloy_qwer
2012-02-08, 07:00 PM
CellRange infulence to uplink, it change some parameters in BTS Reciever. Better do not change this parameter form default value.

smfzaidi
2012-02-08, 07:40 PM
In Huawei ...we use the smlc cell parameter

MAXANTENNARANGE

to define the range.

aiyer1
2012-02-18, 06:11 AM
Also please check if the cell Range has been enabled on the RNC. It may happen (nt sure if thats the case with the Huawei equipment ) but Cell Range might have been changed in the WBTS but the RNC does not have the same change in its database.
Do let us know.

thanks