PDA

View Full Version : Question High PS RAB Blocking issue for Events (Stadium, Big match) 30-35K spectators

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-01-21, 05:14 PM
Hi Experts,

In one of our football stadium we are facing high PS RAB blocking during the matches. We have enough capacity on 2G with 4 micros. So by dircected retry we are managing AMR traffic easily while in PS RAB we are suffering badly. We have requested for more sites till then i need your expert opinion.

We have

high CE blocking on uplink [Eul is proposed for INACTIVE]
DL code congestion [Higher code users are limited]
what else please share any thing which can help here to reduce RAB blocking.

BR//
Imran

agenov
2012-01-21, 05:17 PM
Who is your vendor?

Hi Experts,

In one of our football stadium we are facing high PS RAB blocking during the matches. We have enough capacity on 2G with 4 micros. So by dircected retry we are managing AMR traffic easily while in PS RAB we are suffering badly. We have requested for more sites till then i need your expert opinion.

We have

high CE blocking on uplink [Eul is proposed for INACTIVE]
DL code congestion [Higher code users are limited]
what else please share any thing which can help here to reduce RAB blocking.

BR//
Imran

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-01-21, 06:52 PM
Its E******* and software release is W10.

fannakhosr
2012-01-21, 07:58 PM
as I know from the context that you have 2G and 3G micros. it is better to use service based handover rather than directed retry, you are going to gurantee a smoth transfer of CS traffic to 2G, also very important to carefully revise the 3G-2G neighbours and definintion, let me know what is the value of the parameter "rate selection ps interactive".
BR

Aljunaibi
2012-01-23, 07:36 PM
For the event sites you can use the below techniques:-

Uplink CAC.
Uplink load reshuffling LDR which will reduce the codes then do InterFreq then IntraRAT HO
Introduce third carrier on the 3G sites with separate Radio Unit to maintain the power.
Ensure maximum CE boards uplink and downlink.
Implement PS call re-establishment to improve the customer perception.

rsv12
2012-01-24, 05:31 AM
Hi ALL,

We have the same problem with NSN. Many rejects because of AC Uplink. Any idea?