PDA

View Full Version : E******* Feature of fast return to WCDMA

raid75
2012-01-12, 07:25 PM
did any one try the feature of WCDMA for e******* vendor? if yes please share the information(parameter needed, performance, Drive test result,..etc) since i try it in our network but still is not working.

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-01-15, 05:42 PM
Hi Raid,

I have attached a technical description for this feature, it will help you understand how exactly we get help in reducing time; if our call ends in 2G and MS comes back on 3G Network.

To activate this feature you just need to activate AXEPAR & cell level as

BSC:AXEPAR – FASTRET3G

CELL: RLRWI:CELL=XYZ;

but still i suggest to to change QSC=7 in line with SPRIO=YES and FDDMRR=1 to make this feature fully functional.

Note : Please dont forget reputation
BR//
Imran

Darko
2012-01-15, 10:17 PM
but still i suggest to to change QSC=7 in line with SPRIO=YES and FDDMRR=1 to make this feature fully functional.

This is very important!

QSC = 7 will assure measurements on UTRAN are ALWAYS performed
SPRIO = YES to give time Multi-RAT mobiles have enough time for 3G measurements
FDDMRR = 1 in case the GSM cell has GSM neighbours in different GSM bands

BR
Darko

raid75
2012-01-16, 02:12 AM
Thank you Imran for your reply and we tried the recommndation you put but the feature still not working.
is the feature only working with specfic mobiles?
what next step it can be done?
The HO from 2G to 3G is disabled.

marco
2012-01-16, 06:20 AM
cant download the file in attach???how to download ???

Darko
2012-01-17, 03:38 AM
Hi raid,

Not ALL MSs support this feature. Check if your MS has support for:
“Cell selection indicator after release of all TCH and SDCCH” in 44.018 CHANNEL RELEASE"
This is mandatory!

Just to check... Have you defined UTRAN cells in Active list ?

Thank you Imran for your reply and we tried the recommndation you put but the feature still not working.
is the feature only working with specfic mobiles?
what next step it can be done?
The HO from 2G to 3G is disabled.

s52d
2012-01-17, 04:18 AM
Hi!

If using common LA with BSS/UTRAN, this feature might be redundant. Any experience with having both?
I suspect marginal benefit with routing area updates.

Common LA was discussed in http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?11554-Common-LA-between-2g-and-3g&highlight=
and elsewhere in this forum.

BR
s52d

raid75
2012-01-24, 06:49 PM
Hi Darko,

yes i defined the UTRAN cell in active list but still the LU is performed on 2G and the only new thing that the mobile decoding the new message coming with channel release.

Darko
2012-01-25, 08:02 AM
Hi,

I would like to go back for a moment and ask how are you testing this.
Your phone should be on UTRAN during idle mode and when call starts SBHO should push it to GSM (you should see handover event) and when call is released it camps on UTRAN again (if there is 3G cell measured during call).
Can you see any Location Updates during reselection to UTRAN ? How long does it take ?

BR
Darko

Hi Darko,

yes i defined the UTRAN cell in active list but still the LU is performed on 2G and the only new thing that the mobile decoding the new message coming with channel release.

raid75
2012-01-25, 05:48 PM
Hi Darko,

i did the test as per following:
1- start the call on 3G.
2-push the call to 2G.
3- release the call.

and the MS it back to UTRAN but after performing two LU one in 2G and the other on 3G where the purpose of the feature to reduce the time that the MS can't be reach after call release by avoiding the LU on 2G.

roloramos
2012-01-26, 04:14 AM
I think this is special when do you have different LAI for 2G and 3G....

aygo
2012-01-26, 04:01 PM
hi
information about the problems with this option

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-01-28, 10:06 PM
So Raid,

What are your final comments, i believe after defining in BA active list (if MS support). This feature should work normally.

BR//
Imran

adewijaya
2012-01-28, 10:31 PM
hi Aygo, how about the other UE Types? did you already know what is the result after implemented? @Imran, do you have report after this feature implemented?

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-01-29, 12:31 AM
I myself is going to implement this feature tomorrow in our network. I will share report once it is ready.
I have reference reports of other networks and they confirmed it works fine. Let me implement and then we will see what is the outcome.

BR//
Imran

aygo
2012-01-29, 01:16 AM
hi

while other information is not available, we will introduce in March on my network, the results will tell.

Darko
2012-01-29, 08:39 PM
I will implement this feature in 2 weeks. I will share my experience when implementation is completed.
BR
D.

besooo
2012-03-01, 04:16 PM
Hello Gents;
i have implement this feature in my network and it is working normal with support MS. the feature can work with Idle and dedicated BA list, since the BSC push the MS to select 3G frequency not CI ,
Below some mobile support for the mentioned feature.

Sony E******* Xperia Arc
HTC Sensation XL
Nokia 700
Nokia N9
Iphone4S
Iphone4.

thanks.

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-03-01, 05:24 PM
I have all technical details and already have submitted my plan to implement it. But our project team has stopped me b/c
They dont have suitable mobile to check feature functionality from feild. Any technical detail require? do let me know.

We are bound to show our customer feild results.

Our pre-trial results are showing 22sec for MS to go back to 3G.

Call Start 3G
IRAT to 2G
Call End 2G
LAC/RAC UPDATE 2G
WCDMA CELL SEARCH
RESELECTION ON 3G
LAC/RAC UPDATE IN 3G
MS READY TO INITIATE/RECEIVE CALL IN 3G

All this procedure is taking 22seconds and its killing our network. Desperately waiting for suitable TEMS mobile for testing.

BR//
Imran

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-03-01, 05:25 PM
Kindly let us know how exactly you are able to save time (call End in 2G till MS available in 3G)

Please share benchmark report.

BR//
Imran

Darko
2012-03-03, 09:50 AM
This is valuable info. Thank you.
Would you be kind enough to share drive test log file ?
Do you see any change in number of LU after activation ?

Hello Gents;
i have implement this feature in my network and it is working normal with support MS. the feature can work with Idle and dedicated BA list, since the BSC push the MS to select 3G frequency not CI ,
Below some mobile support for the mentioned feature.

Sony E******* Xperia Arc
HTC Sensation XL
Nokia 700
Nokia N9
Iphone4S
Iphone4.

thanks.

Darko
2012-03-03, 10:07 AM
In my network is 19 sec. We implemented it, but tests with Sony E******* W995 didn't show results. I think this one should support Fast Return, but somehow it doesn't work.
Now I am also waiting for a suitable phone :)

I have all technical details and already have submitted my plan to implement it. But our project team has stopped me b/c
They dont have suitable mobile to check feature functionality from feild. Any technical detail require? do let me know.

We are bound to show our customer feild results.

Our pre-trial results are showing 22sec for MS to go back to 3G.

Call Start 3G
IRAT to 2G
Call End 2G
LAC/RAC UPDATE 2G
WCDMA CELL SEARCH
RESELECTION ON 3G
LAC/RAC UPDATE IN 3G
MS READY TO INITIATE/RECEIVE CALL IN 3G

All this procedure is taking 22seconds and its killing our network. Desperately waiting for suitable TEMS mobile for testing.

BR//
Imran

scorpion
2012-03-05, 01:21 AM
Is this feature supported by all phones ?

If not then what are all the impacts ?

Darko
2012-03-05, 09:29 PM
No. It is not supported by all phones. Other users without support will normally do LU after Call Release.... those with support won't....
Until now I didn't see any impact on number of LU per BSC level.

Is this feature supported by all phones ?

If not then what are all the impacts ?

Darko
2012-03-13, 02:46 AM
I was able to get phone supporting this feature. It works well :)

kamaljailany
2012-06-28, 08:46 AM

Hi Darko

can you pls share which phone are you using?do you connect this phone to tems ?

tq

br//

justdream
2012-07-13, 03:01 AM
I myself is going to implement this feature tomorrow in our network. I will share report once it is ready.
I have reference reports of other networks and they confirmed it works fine. Let me implement and then we will see what is the outcome.

BR//
Imran

Dear Imran,

Could you please share your reference reports?

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-07-13, 11:16 PM
Appropriate mobile wasnt available, now we have managed. Just need management approval, i will share once i'll have report.

BR//
Imran

yazeedmk
2012-09-20, 09:40 PM
Appropriate mobile wasnt available, now we have managed. Just need management approval, i will share once i'll have report.

BR//
Imran

could you tell us the acccepted Mobiles to use with TEMS? i have the sony e******* c905 !!
also should the mobile support 3Gpp rel:6 how could we check that?

BR Yazeed

gordonez
2012-10-02, 11:44 PM

Hi Darko, what phone do you use? With Sony E******* w995a does not work?

BR,

gordonez

scorpion
2012-10-29, 09:01 PM
How this Fast Return feature is different from other one...from implementation and as well as from the test result observations...

Darko
2012-10-30, 04:47 AM
It gives really great improvement. I measured reduction in reselection time from 25 sec to ~2 sec. Also, slight reduction in LU count...

Johnie
2013-10-01, 05:20 PM
Is there any license dependencies for this feature ? I mean in MSC or in RNC something like this . Please update ASAP.

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2013-10-01, 10:29 PM
nothing required on 3G side, all requirements are on 2G side.

BR//
Imran

maqritos
2013-10-09, 08:21 PM
I read ALEX and there said this feature depends of commercial agreement... What kind of agreement is talking about?

maqritos
2013-10-09, 08:23 PM
is this feature only for a IP network?

Darko
2013-10-13, 07:00 PM
It's an optional feature.

I read ALEX and there said this feature depends of commercial agreement... What kind of agreement is talking about?

Darko
2013-10-13, 07:01 PM
No, it's not for IP network only.

is this feature only for a IP network?

guruvai
2013-11-06, 07:21 PM
Hi Raid,

I have attached a technical description for this feature, it will help you understand how exactly we get help in reducing time; if our call ends in 2G and MS comes back on 3G Network.

To activate this feature you just need to activate AXEPAR & cell level as

BSC:AXEPAR – FASTRET3G

CELL: RLRWI:CELL=XYZ;

Note : Please dont forget reputation
BR//
Imran

Hi, is there any similar feature for huawei?

ratnaprasad.v
2014-10-17, 02:43 PM
This is very important!

QSC = 7 will assure measurements on UTRAN are ALWAYS performed
SPRIO = YES to give time Multi-RAT mobiles have enough time for 3G measurements
FDDMRR = 1 in case the GSM cell has GSM neighbours in different GSM bands

JCarlos21
2014-10-17, 03:37 PM
Hi All,

I've seen that this thread has enough time open and the subject is still interesting and I just wanted to make clear one thing about this feature.

People use to think that Fast Return to WCDMA redirect the MS to a UMTS Cell, which is not the case. The BSC does not indicate any individual WCDMA cell but only indicates the frequency number(s), the UARFCN(s). The BSC will only request the mobile to select a frequency reported by the mobile in the measurement report (in case of having Active UTRAN Measurement Frequency List) or select a frequency included from the Idle UTRAN Measurement Frequency List.

That means that QSC could be configured to 15 (never measure UTRAN on Active Mode) but QSI must remain on a different value than 15 (never measure UTRAN on Idle Mode). In my personal opinion, is better to have configured just UTRAN Idle Mode List because in the other way around you would have to wait until MS make measurement while being in Active Mode (assuming you just need at least Cell Reslection to WCDMA configured in your network and you can deactivate IRAT from GSM to WCDMA; if you have both configured, of course this feature would work as well).

I hope this serve to anyone out there having doubts about it.

Best regards,

Jc

Ganesh Raj
2015-02-17, 07:57 PM
Hi,
What is the feature to be activated for fast return to LTE after CS release (E******* is the vendor)?
Thanks in advance for the support.

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2015-02-18, 05:00 PM
Release-with-Redirect to LTE feature (FAJ 121 2174)

here it is pre-req
LTE Cell Reselection (FAJ 121 1474)

Ganesh Raj
2015-02-18, 08:11 PM
Thanks a lot.....Can you also help me with the feature for enabling MTRF in LTE?..........thanks in advance for the support