PDA

View Full Version : Question LTE radio propagation in 2.6GHz

juanrvelez
2012-01-06, 04:56 AM
Hi,

I would like to know how to minimize LTE propagation problems in 2.6GHz, right now in the LTE deplyment we are facing troubles when reaching a maximum of 400 meter radio of propagation from Huawei eNB..

radiorf
2012-01-06, 05:08 AM
What type of problems do you see at 400m- is it the signal strength- RSRP? What is the ERP out of antenna and what type of encironment?
Please elaborate with specific problem details to understand better.

dremka
2012-01-06, 06:20 AM
Hi,

I would like to know how to minimize LTE propagation problems in 2.6GHz, right now in the LTE deplyment we are facing troubles when reaching a maximum of 400 meter radio of propagation from Huawei eNB..

This is normal in urban clutter + indoor coverage + usb dongle. Although in LOS condition + indoor usb dongle with additional antenna attached placed near a window I was able to connect to the BTS several kilometers away (1.8 GHz band) with about 25 Mbps DL in 20 MHz channel bandwidth.

gigel
2012-01-07, 03:52 AM
I've tested Huawei FDD 2.6Ghz with bandwidth 20MHz at 3Km urban environment from site in uplink cell edge and i've reached ~20mbps
so there should not be any system problem

detail your problem....

juanrvelez
2012-01-07, 06:07 AM
We have performed tests using Huawei's SingleRAN solution usin LTE eNB BBU and RRU units. Power is not a problem, the thing is the renge covered (400m) is much lesser than we expected. We have never deployed in 2.6GHz band (1900MHz only), have you people tried it?

dremka
2012-01-07, 09:30 AM
[cut] the thing is the renge covered (400m) is much lesser than we expected. [cut] .

We need more info to give a clear answer:
1. what is the RS power, RRU max. output power, channel bandwidth, jumper att, antenna height above clutter, antenna gain (antenna type), antenna tilt
2. what type of UE (dongle, with or without additional antennas), what type of clutter has been tested, indoor/outdoor, what type of buildings are in that area (eg brick/wood made)
3. info about proper site commissionig is also needed (to be sure the problem isn't caused by faulty antenna, feeder, improper antenna tilting, external interference etc.)

Aljunaibi
2012-01-08, 08:01 PM
Dear it should not be an issue
its normal for 2.6GHz :)