PDA

View Full Version : Power distribution in R99 and HSDPA

rishi
2012-01-03, 01:47 PM
How power distribution differs in HSDPA than in R99?

firstmaxim
2012-01-03, 02:06 PM
Let me summarize Power allocation in HSDPA:
- Power is allocated in NodeB, Mac-hs allocates HS-PDSCH power for different HSDPA subscribers with scheduling algorithm
- When configured by static HSDPA power allocation algorithm, the total power of HS-PDSCH and HS-SCCH should not exceed the maximum transmission power
configured in RNC.
- When configured by static HSDPA power allocation algorithm, the maximum transmission power is the remaining power excluding R99 power and power margin
- NodeB adjusts HS-PDSCH total power according to the actual transmission power of HS-SCCH

Mctest
2012-01-03, 10:35 PM
How power distribution differs in HSDPA than in R99?
Also it should be noted,that HSDPA channels in DL is not power controlled.

rishi
2012-01-03, 11:30 PM
i just wanted to know like 33dbm power is used by cpich and other used by r99 services how extra power we can assign to HSDPA channels.that means how much power allocation is done to HS-PDSCH and HSSCCH channels

Mctest
2012-01-04, 01:48 AM
i just wanted to know like 33dbm power is used by cpich and other used by r99 services how extra power we can assign to HSDPA channels.that means how much power allocation is done to HS-PDSCH and HSSCCH channels
As I said HSDPA is not power controlled and you can only assign fixed power to the HS-SCCH or turn on dynamic power adjustment of HS-SCCH channel based on CQI.HS-PDSCH channels consume power which left after R99!

rishi
2012-01-04, 12:11 PM
how much fixed power can we assign for HSSCCH channel

firstmaxim
2012-01-04, 01:04 PM

Typically 38 dBm for max transmit power for HSDPA. It it is the power allocated for HS-PDSCH, which depends on the CCCH and in shared carrier also on the required DCH.