PDA

View Full Version : Radio optimization and design tools

eino
2011-12-28, 09:03 PM
Dear All,

what are the best tools used for Radio design and optimization as we want to buy?

any recommendation from ppl working with operators or vendors

val2032
2011-12-28, 10:49 PM
My opinion: Forsk Atoll for Design/Optimisation and ATDI ICS Telecom for Design/Planning

wnsworld
2011-12-28, 10:58 PM
My opinion: Forsk Atoll for Design/Optimisation and ATDI ICS Telecom for Design/Planning

I agree with you,, Atoll is very simple and fast tool..

BR//
WNS..

elkador
2011-12-28, 10:59 PM
Just my 25 cents :
- Forsk Atoll is the best tool for Design & Planning. But requires a good expertise, and training. Best if you consider to use for more than 10 people, and able to train some expert...
- Mentum Planet EV is the most straight forward tool and is very popular in North America. Based on Mapinfo : means easy export and interoperability with other tools. Good if you consider a small deployment (5 seats), and want a quick ramp up.

As for optimization, you should be more detailed in your question, since there is plenty of tools available...

Cheers,
L
-----------------------------
Thanks & Rep are always appreciated. One day I won't be junior anymore ;)

Zvonko
2011-12-29, 07:59 AM
AIRCOM? Why not?

rfoptman
2011-12-29, 08:13 AM
Aircom Enterprise needs Oracle database that has so heavy affect on system performance! Also I believe Atoll is more flexible than Asset!

juanpico
2011-12-29, 10:02 AM
For Planning, Atoll is an open, scalable, and flexible multi-technology network design and optimisation platform that supports wireless operators throughout the network lifecycle, from initial design to densification and optimisation.

striker
2011-12-29, 10:03 AM
If you are going for rollout - it's better to use Planning tools like Atoll or Asset or Mentum Planet. but if you had already existing and you need to optimize further use Optimi or Schema both are measurement based tool.

venom
2011-12-29, 01:26 PM
Consider Optimi as well. (www.optimi.com)

Complete suite is good for optimization and design (both).

For Optimization, if you're buying then I would go for ActixOne. Excellent web-based tool. You can also go with Analyzer but believe me Actixone is much powerful.

Nemo Analyzer is not too bad as well. It has become mature in recent times. You can also try to look at it.

Hope that would be helpful.

elkador
2011-12-29, 09:39 PM
Since it seems this thread is picking up interest from various people : does anyone used Arieso Geo?
Is it in fact allowing to reduce drive-test requirements, and what would be your opinion on this tool?

Thanks in advance,
El.

aubidamax
2011-12-29, 10:50 PM
Dear All,

what are the best tools used for Radio design and optimization as we want to buy?

any recommendation from ppl working with operators or vendors

hi

the best planning tool is Atoll....

thanks

eino
2011-12-29, 11:11 PM
I think the optimization tool should have the following functions
SC planning
Frequency planning
LAC border optimization(2G and 3G)
Capacity dimension (2G and 3G)
Alarm for KPI degradation(Can propose solution)

eino
2012-01-01, 07:08 PM
any recommendation

Zvonko
2012-01-02, 03:42 AM
Which tools is good for importing form one optimisation tools to another?
Do U use a different tool for and then combine them?

gwenolug
2012-01-21, 01:05 AM
While Atoll is easy to use since their 3.1 release it tends to be too simplistic. I find Planet 5 is a much better tool as it is both powerful and easy to use. It is also open, based on MapInfo for its GIS, which is really neat, and I find the results it gives me a much closer to measurements than when I used Atoll. The problem is to find the ********...

aubidamax
2012-01-21, 02:18 AM
hi all

With My Best Regards

Aljunaibi
2012-01-23, 07:42 PM
Business Object is reliable and flexible tool for optimization

jbada
2012-01-23, 08:04 PM
Hi forum

For planning LTE the best is Atoll because it is easier to setup a project.

For optimization I would like to recommend Capesso very easy to setup a it is usually linked with Atoll

Thanks

badi
2012-01-30, 02:41 AM
Atoll too much flexible to use than Planet (need too much memory capacity) for Radio Design
Optimi recently bought by E******* is very performant for GSM optimization (neighbors policy and frequency plan) as based on field measurement data (not on simulation as for other tools)

striker
2012-01-30, 02:58 AM
@badi,

Can u share a project file for optimi..

mike
2012-02-29, 07:06 AM
Does someone have a project file for optimi

@badi,

Can u share a project file for optimi..

ventinel
2012-03-21, 07:49 PM
Consider Optimi as well. (www.optimi.com (http://www.optimi.com))

Complete suite is good for optimization and design (both).

For Optimization, if you're buying then I would go for ActixOne. Excellent web-based tool. You can also go with Analyzer but believe me Actixone is much powerful.

Nemo Analyzer is not too bad as well. It has become mature in recent times. You can also try to look at it.

Hope that would be helpful.
i have personally worked on both Optimi and Actix, very good tools. highly recommended.

sedicla
2012-03-21, 08:10 PM
Planet is very intuitive and easy to use although it is necessary to have some experience in working with GIS.
The optimization Nemo Analizer all I've ever used is the most user-friendly.

Best Regards

jorrgivarius
2012-06-13, 01:47 AM
Some have manual and training about ATOLL 3.1? Where can I get maps for ATOLL 3.1? What kind of maps uses ATOLL 3.1?

Thanks a lot

BR

Jorge

lihanbok
2012-06-13, 01:27 PM
This is the link for Atoll Manual. It's useful for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?66om7ctqgmrbnmn
Best Regards,

Lihanbok.

hilman
2012-06-21, 04:38 PM
Thanks for your posting.