PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Roaming between two countries

beniy
2011-12-27, 11:37 PM
Hi Experts,

How Can I prevent Unwanted roaming between two diffrent MCC(Mobile country code)?
Please help me about this topic.
I will add and rep to all answer because of your support.

I should say the System is Huawei----Concentric (900 BCCH 1800 TCH)

In advance thanks for your feedback.

s52d
2011-12-28, 02:52 AM
Hi!

It is up to terminal to decide when to leave your network and register to another.
There is not much you can do beside provide coverage ;-).
You can get few dB by maximizing coverage parameters (like minimum signal strength required to camp on ypur network),

Educate users to use manual network selection. (This does not work for some USB sticks).

BR
s52d

val2032
2011-12-28, 04:59 AM
If the terminal (subscriber number) has the roaming service activated, the only chance to avoid the registering in the neighboring network is to setup the home network manually (from phone menu setup). If the mode of network registering is automatic and the roaming is activated, the terminal will be registered in the network with the strongest signal, which in many cases will be in the neighboring country network.
Generally, the operators/administrations have signed agreements for preferential channels in the borderline that means strong signal from the neighboring networks, covering the important area in home country (referring to borderline area).

juanpico
2011-12-28, 02:48 PM
Hi Beniy

User Side: Subs should be in Manual Network Selection to prevent it from prioritizing other partner network based on RxLev
Network Provider Side: Extend your MinAccessLev / AccMin to maximum in last mile site (border site), anyway I assume it is an end site with minimal clutter

Balbaleg ed Salamat / Best Regards

juan

zeezzoo
2012-01-01, 12:54 AM
if you want to do that , you shouldn't have an agreement with that operator ==> consequently , your operator (MCC + NCC) will not be listed in the roamer's SIM as a VPLMN .

I don't think it's good to modify your Cell Selection parameters because it'll affect you own subscribers too . May be a Core Network engineer can help us here ..... I think you can make your "Core Network" sends a "location update reject" for certain roamers (from a certain operator) whenever they try to register in your network .