PDA

View Full Version : Huawei Claims Top Spot in LTE Standards Development

pioneerelex
2011-12-23, 06:16 AM
Huawei has announced in a statement that -- based on data from the 3GPP -- it has been the largest contributor to LTE standards and patents since 2010.

As of October 2011, Huawei submitted more than 7,900 LTE/EPC (Evolved Packet Core) contributions to 3gpp (3G Partnership Project), including more than 230 approved contributions of LTE Core Specification (RAN(Radio Access Network)1-RAN3).

During the Rel-10 and Rel-11 LTE-A (LTE-Advanced) standardization in 3GPP, Huawei served as rapporteur in six key research topics, including AAS (Adaptive Antenna System), MTC (Machine-Type Communication), UL CoMP (Uplink Coordinated Multi-Point), UL MIMO (Multi-Input Multi-Output) and MBMS (Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service).

"Based on customer-centric innovation, sharing intellectual property rights (IPR) with the industry and complying with international IPR rules, Huawei has become the leading LTE industry player and contributor to LTE standards and patents," said Ying Weimin, President of GSM&UMTS&LTE Network, Huawei.

mike
2011-12-23, 12:10 PM
I like to read articles of this type,but I also like to know where is the source, who is the author and the date of publication. These make more interesting the topic. Otherwise, this is just garbage.

Mike:(

pioneerelex
2011-12-23, 06:10 PM
I like to read articles of this type,but I also like to know where is the source, who is the author and the date of publication. These make more interesting the topic. Otherwise, this is just garbage.

Mike:(

You can make a very small search in google to make sure is it just garbage or not :confused:

Anyway below is the source, author and the date of publication:

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/52030.php

pioneerelex :(