PDA

View Full Version : Multi RAB Drop Calls.......

sadok
2009-01-16, 02:01 AM
Hi,

I m working with E*******, we have many Drop call cases when there are MultiRAB calls (CS + PS HS, PS R99 + HS...)

Please is there anyone meet this problem with E******* equipments or whith other vendors?

Please see attached presentation.

munzekonza
2009-01-16, 03:04 AM
Can you post me on email to check.
Munze

wolverine
2009-01-16, 07:49 AM
Hi, I cant view your attachment (something about my privileges) but some possible pointers might be..

The E******* RAN doesn't support compressed mode with HS. Are your dropped calls in mobility situations?

There a parameter called something like "poor quality detected" which reconfigures HS to R99 when a MR 2d is received by the RNC and that allows subsequent compressed mode activation and hard HO.

sadok
2009-01-16, 08:10 AM
Hi,
Thank you for your answering.

Yes Drop calls happen in the mobility.

you have right, there is no compressed mode in HS because there is no IRAT HO from HS mode. RNC downswitch the PS call from HS to DCH after receiving 2D event.

But the Drop call cases which I have It is happen in good RF condition.
Please could you give me your mail I will send to you attached files ?

scorpion
2011-04-01, 02:26 AM
Check whether your SGSN has Ciphering enabled ?
Check whether you CS Core Ciphering ON ?

Regards

DJ Download
2011-04-01, 06:12 AM
Hi, I cant view your attachment (something about my privileges) but some possible pointers might be..

The E******* RAN doesn't support compressed mode with HS. Are your dropped calls in mobility situations?

There a parameter called something like "poor quality detected" which reconfigures HS to R99 when a MR 2d is received by the RNC and that allows subsequent compressed mode activation and hard HO.

E******* introduced an optional feature that supports HS in compressed mode on RAN P7. It can solve some of the problems related with MultiRAB drops due to mobility, but be careful since not all UEs support this feature.

The MultiRAB drop call can also due to bad EcNo if your HSPA carrier is fully loaded. Unfortunately E******* also doesnt have counters that can be used to observe this problem.

riyantoyadi
2011-04-01, 07:38 AM
in Huawei already did before patch software and upgrade R12, too many drop on MultiRAB coz of no CM on HS, after some patch and upgrade R12 make Drop on MultiRAB very dcreased, did you using second or third carrier strategy? please cek parameter Blind HO