PDA

View Full Version : Question CPICH Ec/No best and Ec/No Active set best

lamhd_bk
2011-12-21, 05:22 PM
Hi all
I found that Ec/No Active set best value get from CS12.2K is always better than CPICH Ec/No best value get from Scanner logfile. ( UE: Samsung U900, Scanner : PCTel LX). Can anybody explain for me?

RG

jan74
2011-12-22, 01:32 AM
Hi all
I found that Ec/No Active set best value get from CS12.2K is always better than CPICH Ec/No best value get from Scanner logfile. ( UE: Samsung U900, Scanner : PCTel LX). Can anybody explain for me?

RG

The first thing to do is check that your scanner is calibrated and working correctly. I think they are supposed to be re-calibrated annually. Secondly, check your cables and antennas are ok.

If the values are still the same, then you can probably put it down to the fact that the UE measures Ec/No and the scanner measures Ec/Io. The difference between them is the orthogonality factor which gets distorted in cluttered areas.

lamhd_bk
2011-12-22, 01:04 PM
The first thing to do is check that your scanner is calibrated and working correctly. I think they are supposed to be re-calibrated annually. Secondly, check your cables and antennas are ok.

If the values are still the same, then you can probably put it down to the fact that the UE measures Ec/No and the scanner measures Ec/Io. The difference between them is the orthogonality factor which gets distorted in cluttered areas.
sure that everything are ok. because CPICH RSCP best is better than RSCP best active set!

RG

jan74
2011-12-22, 11:39 PM
sure that everything are ok. because CPICH RSCP best is better than RSCP best active set!

RG

In that case, Ec is the same and you can probably put it down to the difference between Io and No as they are the only variables.

lamhd_bk
2011-12-23, 11:53 AM
In that case, Ec is the same and you can probably put it down to the difference between Io and No as they are the only variables.
I think the same, because Io is interference cause UE's effect but I need more detail about it..