PDA

View Full Version : huawei mapping parameter for relevant sib1plmnscopevaluetag in E*******

Alphab
2011-12-17, 12:24 PM
Anybody can inform how to set huawei corresponding parameter as in E*******
Sib1plmnscopevaluetag ...

This is to inform the UE there is a need to read SIB1 message indicating a change
by the network so that loc area update or routing area update could follow...

As i search in Huawei you enter min-max range for each LAC or RA ... In E*******
you set 32 distinct values per LAC ..

Anybody know how to arrange this values near vendor border of Huawei or E******* ?

Or is it no importance ?

Thanks in advance

jayk
2011-12-18, 02:42 AM
Huawei Parameter name is PLMNTAGValue, Range of PLMNTAGValue is 1~256. Divide Equally in your LAC and RAC, like Total no. of LAC+RAC is 16 then define 1~16, 17~32, 33~48.....241~256. PLMNValueTag of neighboring LAC must be different so assign the Tags on Huawei/E******* border such as there is no similar range of value tags.

Jack, Add Repo if you find helpful

EngSoft
2011-12-19, 07:19 PM
Huawei Parameter name is PLMNTAGValue, Range of PLMNTAGValue is 1~256. Divide Equally in your LAC and RAC, like Total no. of LAC+RAC is 16 then define 1~16, 17~32, 33~48.....241~256. PLMNValueTag of neighboring LAC must be different so assign the Tags on Huawei/E******* border such as there is no similar range of value tags.

Jack, Add Repo if you find helpful

thanks it help me ! i was looking for it :) if you have a doc that have all the parameter mapping it will be great.

Alphab
2011-12-24, 05:04 PM
thanks but the range in E******* is between 0 .. 31 and not a range like in Huawei, there should be a mapping for this in MIB and SIB1 messages

Below is an explanation in Alex doc for E*******

For SIB1, which has area scope PLMN, the value tag contains two parts, an update part and an area part. The update part is incremented internally by the RNC whenever the content of SIB1 is updated. The area part of the SIB1 value tag is configured using the sib1PLMNScopeValueTag cell parameter.

Area Part is between 0 and 31 which means 5 bit ... I wondered the mapping between 3GPPP-E*******-Huawei ?

mashi123
2011-12-24, 08:41 PM
according to 3GPP
The range of PLMN Scope value TAG is from 1 to 256 and the range of Cell Scope value TAG is from 1 to 4

mashi123
2011-12-24, 09:34 PM
according to 3GPP
The range of PLMN Scope value TAG is from 1 to 256
In e******* you have to set one unified value Tag for all cells under one LAC
In Huawei you have to set a range of value tags for each LAC

now u might ask : but why in e******* we use one value for all cells under one LAC we should set a range of values , the value tags is not used only to re read SIB1 when you cross the border , it's used whenever the UTRAN changes the information inside SIB1 so it need to alert all mobiles in LAC by changing the value tag?

the answer is what u mentioned in your first question e******* has divided the PLMN value tag to two parts one part will be changed by RNC whenever it needs to inform mobiles about information changes in SIB1 and the other part will be changed when the mobile cross the Border
the first part is 3 bits and the other part is 5 bits
so if combined both parts u will get same range as 3GPP 1-256

so to solve the border issue im not sure but i think u have to consider that for example value tag 0 in E/// is equal to range 0-7 in HW and value tag 1 in E/// is equal to 8-15 in HW

mashi123
2011-12-24, 10:19 PM
any body has an idea what is the impact of such a problem , i mean using same PLMN value tags in adjacent LACs

Alphab
2011-12-25, 06:20 PM
e******* strongly suggests the importance of this parameter ...

the problem could be late Location area update and paging loss during this problem.

i think you might be right, thanks ... i better investigate the logs MIB, SIB1 message contents ..

So the E******* assumes a prefixed range of 8 values ( 3bits), while Huawei suggests a more customize
way as a conclusion right ?

One last question : the range of Cell Scope value TAG is from 1 to 4 is related with SIB1 as well ?