PDA

View Full Version : Question Acceptable PS DCR for UMTS Networks

white_Noise
2011-12-02, 06:53 AM
Hi,

I need to know what are the acceptable PS DCR ranges for both new and mature UMTS Networks? which values to be used as "SLA" KPIs?

elkador
2011-12-02, 09:59 AM
It all depends of your actual deployment plan. I would say for a green field network 2% mandatory, with 1% target.
For a mature GSM network, and overlay with 3G (same freq band), 1% mandatory would be fine.

Hope this helps,
Elkador

dominky
2011-12-02, 11:53 PM
It all depends of your actual deployment plan. I would say for a green field network 2% mandatory, with 1% target.
For a mature GSM network, and overlay with 3G (same freq band), 1% mandatory would be fine.

Hope this helps,
Elkador

I agree, it totaly depends on your environment, vendor and parameter settings.
e.g. if the setting for relconoffset is very high, actual drops are not counted as abnormal release...

jayk
2011-12-05, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I need to know what are the acceptable PS DCR ranges for both new and mature UMTS Networks? which values to be used as "SLA" KPIs?

We have kept SLA for PS CDR as 2%. PS CDR is generally high compared to CS so SLA threshold is high.

oswe
2011-12-08, 03:52 AM
you also have to consider the vendor. HW has lower values than NSN or //. Also the fact that you enable features like CELL_FACH has an impact (at least in HW vendor)
best regards.