PDA

View Full Version : Question Inter RAT Paging TImer

dodotiro
2011-11-28, 10:06 AM
dear all expert,

i have a case about timer. 2 Users are in the same building. one is covered by 2G (MS) and another is covered by 3G (UE). UE makes a MOC to MS. the case is, when UE was dialing, the return is no respon from MS, so the network end the call, but, in the MS side, it is only 1-2 dialing tone.
is there any relation with RNC/BSC timer or core ?
both of 2G and 3G are HUAWEI

gprastomo
2011-11-28, 03:27 PM
Hi,

I dont think so BSC has timers to supervise the time duration of answering call. You need to look at MSS stats for call release before answ, and its specific reason.
As i know this timer is managed by mss to supervise the answer time, if its too long it will generate unnecessary traffic allocation and if it is too short so this kind of problem will happend, usually around 20 s.

dodotiro
2011-11-29, 05:31 PM
Hi,

I dont think so BSC has timers to supervise the time duration of answering call. You need to look at MSS stats for call release before answ, and its specific reason.
As i know this timer is managed by mss to supervise the answer time, if its too long it will generate unnecessary traffic allocation and if it is too short so this kind of problem will happend, usually around 20 s.

i see . finally we have conclusion (using traffica) that there is a busy MS so it cannot be reach by paging.