PDA

View Full Version : Question Cannot HO to neighbour cells !

iCloud
2011-11-21, 10:17 AM
Hi Bro
Pls help me for this problem:
We've just onair new-site, but when doing DT, MS only HO between sectors, cannot HO to neighbour cells:
- Check NBLs, OK
- No alarms about transmission, WSR, check hardware ( power, installing ) OK
- Change control Card ( SUMA, Alcatel BTS ).
- Delete all parameters and configure again
- Synchronous OK
Can anybody give me another solutions for this ?
Many tks for ur supports

dacoder
2011-11-26, 07:37 PM
Hi
is it just happening for one neighbor cell or all of its neighbors?

thanks

gencerali
2011-11-26, 08:08 PM
Hi,
May be there is a problem in MSC/BSC/RNC/LAC definition of the new cell. If the cell is created in BSC/RNC and not in MSC extenal handover is nor possible. Or if the LAC information is not truely defined for the neighbors again you may have problem..

Piscean21
2011-11-26, 08:10 PM
Check for BTS Clock state.
We had observed similar problem once and we had to replace GTMU card.
Hope this helps

dear
2011-11-27, 10:37 PM
what about the HO from neighbor cells to the new site?? and does it handover by forcing ??

iCloud
2011-11-29, 10:22 AM
what about the HO from neighbor cells to the new site?? and does it handover by forcing ??
TKs for ur reply
Neighbour cell cannot HO to this site, too. All HO is in better cell HO conditions , mate. No forcing :D

iCloud
2011-11-29, 10:26 AM
Check for BTS Clock state.
We had observed similar problem once and we had to replace GTMU card.
Hope this helps
GTMU card ? Did you mean GSM site controller and transmission card in Nokia system ? We use Alcatel BTS, and control card is SUMA, I replaced it . As mentioned, after replaced, one sector can HO normally, but 2 others cannot
Tks for ur repply

iCloud
2011-11-29, 10:27 AM
Hi,
May be there is a problem in MSC/BSC/RNC/LAC definition of the new cell. If the cell is created in BSC/RNC and not in MSC extenal handover is nor possible. Or if the LAC information is not truely defined for the neighbors again you may have problem..
All parameters defined is OK, mate. Tks for ur reply ^^

iCloud
2011-11-29, 10:29 AM
Hi
is it just happening for one neighbor cell or all of its neighbors?

thanks
It just happened in some neighbour cells, not all neighbour, mate. I checked all defined para, clock system, replaced SUMA, re_define site, but not OK :(

chronix_ray
2011-11-29, 10:51 AM
check cgi. try delete and recreate again.

thanhbdt
2011-11-29, 03:09 PM
It just happened in some neighbour cells, not all neighbour, mate. I checked all defined para, clock system, replaced SUMA, re_define site, but not OK :(

Did you check RF parameters as BSIC, BCCH. If one cell have 2neighbors that havesame BSIC and BCCH then it can not HO due to wrong decode

iCloud
2011-11-29, 03:31 PM
Did you check RF parameters as BSIC, BCCH. If one cell have 2neighbors that havesame BSIC and BCCH then it can not HO due to wrong decode
Hic, no wrong . This is basic para

iCloud
2011-11-29, 03:36 PM
Tks mate
We already deleted and created site as new on-air, but not OK

iCloud
2011-11-29, 03:57 PM
Tks mate. I think CGI is defined for all BTS in one BSC. It's always = 1 ( used). If problem from CGI , all HO in BSC will not OK

EngSoft
2011-11-30, 07:40 PM

any update ? i want to know of you got any solution :)

melkaiy
2011-12-01, 12:05 AM
dude if all parameters are ok and all hardwares are normal then its time to check the phone.. did you change the phone already? Change a normal working phone with the one that you are using that did not do hos.. check whether the ue is in 3g mode during 3g coverage and not in dual mode..

please add reps if this one helps.. Thanks :)

iCloud
2011-12-02, 10:28 AM
dude if all parameters are ok and all hardwares are normal then its time to check the phone.. did you change the phone already? Change a normal working phone with the one that you are using that did not do hos.. check whether the ue is in 3g mode during 3g coverage and not in dual mode..

please add reps if this one helps.. Thanks :)
Yes, I also thought about it. I have 02 phone. Only happened around this site, not others

iCloud
2011-12-02, 10:37 AM
any update ? i want to know of you got any solution :)
I'm on business for 02 week, not only for this site. So that I came back to my office and give question for help ^^.
Uptill now, the thing I've done:
- Change Suma
- Check clock system
- Delete and create site again as new site
- Re-define NBLs
- Change CCP control port in BSC ( new)
- Syn the data in OMCr and BTS ( find some missing NBLs, but not important)
Monitoring in NPO system, HO of this cell is normally, but sometimes Un_Success Rate In_out to some is cell rather high
Waiting for subcon to do Driving test again

melkaiy
2011-12-04, 12:57 AM
so the problem still insist although the phone has been changed.. I think the reason why there are no hos is network overload.. If the network suffers from congestion the tendencies are: no more access and ho rejects just to keep the load in normal mode. Please check the CE congestion in the oss if the network already suffers from congestion then check the Prx_threshold then the Prx_Target_BS parameters.. You can increase this but only for the allowed value.

If this one helps.. please add reputation :)