PDA

View Full Version : ISHO parameter

kass33
2011-11-15, 07:08 AM
Hello,Could you please explain furthly the parameter : HHoRscpFilterCoefficient ???I tried to understand it from the NSN dictionary but i didn't get the purpose and the main goal of this parameter.Thanks in advance

louvre
2011-11-15, 07:21 AM
Hello,Could you please explain furthly the parameter : HHoRscpFilterCoefficient ???I tried to understand it from the NSN dictionary but i didn't get the purpose and the main goal of this parameter.Thanks in advancethe parameter is explained concisely in NSN dictionary..Here is the explanation( summary used in hard handover and this parameter filter does some intial filtering before actual measurement as there are some limitation in cell_dch state.In the CELL_DCH state the UE physical layer measurement period for intra-frequency CPICH RSCP measurements is 200 ms. The Filter Coefficient parameter controls the higher layer filtering of physical layer CPICH RSCP measurements before the event evaluation and measurement reporting is performed by the UE. The CPICH RSCP measurement reports can be used to trigger off inter-frequency or inter-RAT (GSM) measurements for the purpose of hard handover.More description can be found here:The higher layer filtering is described in 3GPP TS 25.331 RRC Protocol Specification, section Filter Coefficient

OptimiNSN
2011-11-15, 07:54 AM
This parameter is an initial filter to take a measurement, the longer the better the quality of the decision, and rapid variations can not be detected
UE filtering before event evaluation using HHoRscpFilterCoefficient; Element FMCS; Range 200…1600; Default = 200ms