PDA

View Full Version : BEST RF Practices

fon909
2011-11-14, 09:41 PM
Hi All, I was wondering if it is possible to share best RF practices or rather practices implemented at international level on day-to-day basis. We share a lot of documents and experiences on the technology but how about operations, the actual thing carried out on a daily basis. I believe this will help educate a lot of us and improve our current trends. For Example, In my network the daily activity we do is as follows;1. Fetch the reports for yesterday for all contractual KPIs.2. Put them in the regular trending sheet to see improvement / degradation.3. Identify degraded KPIs and highlight them.4. Find out the culprit RNC/s.5. Check with Alarm / configuration team for any major alarms in that RNC.6. If no alarms, identify the culprit cells.7.Again, check with alarms team to see if there were any Node B alarms reported on these cells8. If yes, escalate to the relevant team for fixing.9. If no, find out the reasons for poor performance of the cell.For eg: in case of 'Drop calls', find out drop due to what reason, etc.10.Once cause identified, fix the cell and monitor for improvement. Please suggest, if the above process can be improved further for better efficiency and quick identification and fixing of issues.Thanks.

lejun
2011-11-14, 11:50 PM
Hi, I think, for good RF quality we need to check: + RF Plan is good (need feedback information from KPI data) + Installation is good (Height/Tilt/Azimuth are correct) +Monitoring system (Alarm, KPI...) day by day, find and resolve the bad KPI problems. +Coverage optimization: good RxLev, RxQual, MOS, not to many ping pong handover.... Regards

srilasitha
2011-11-15, 02:17 PM
Needs to add
periodical bench marking with drive tests analysis. ( bench mark time wise/ vendor-wise)
long term/ event capacity predictions and to enhance network proactively
VIP call issue analysis

...etc

Prokopyo
2011-11-15, 06:56 PM
Be religious in updating your database.