PDA

View Full Version : Field Test “Signal” App for iPhone 4, 3GS & 3G

telwind
2011-11-11, 06:28 PM
Very nice field test tool for iPhone.

”Signal” in fact maps the cell towers you are connected to and displays detailed cellular information of towers around you. The app also provides detailed cellular information from the baseband. Signal works for any country and in all the languages.

http://www.thereaderseye.com/planetbeings-new-creation-signal-app-for-iphone-4-3gs-3g/

jan74
2011-11-11, 07:15 PM
I have tried this app previously and didnt find anything in it we dont already have on an iphone by typing in the Field Test Code *3001#12345#*. The cell tower locations are all wrong and the UMTS neighbour measurements are all set to a default value. Also, the app doesn't record anything. It was a huge dissapointment as you have to jaibreak your phone to get it.

freakturd06
2012-01-17, 10:08 PM
Can we have this without jailbraking an Iphone? Seems to be a good tool.

jan74
2012-01-18, 12:34 AM
Can we have this without jailbraking an Iphone? Seems to be a good tool.

No. Your phone has to be jailbroken. Its a waste of time to be honest. Cell Site locations are wrong and there is no possibility to record your results. I wrote to them to ask about being able to add cell sites and record and they didnt reply. For me, it was a waste of money.

cdikjoe
2012-03-02, 02:54 PM
No. Your phone has to be jailbroken. Its a waste of time to be honest. Cell Site locations are wrong and there is no possibility to record your results. I wrote to them to ask about being able to add cell sites and record and they didnt reply. For me, it was a waste of money.
I have try this app, it just show cell site information and network. Can't do more hahahaha

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2012-03-03, 04:08 PM
Hi,

Can i upload my netwrok data(site info with coordinate and azimuth) on iphone to view in google maps?

BR//
Imran

freakturd06
2012-05-17, 11:25 PM
Hi,

Can i upload my netwrok data(site info with coordinate and azimuth) on iphone to view in google maps?

BR//
Imran

Does't support sectoring but you can see site details in kml like in desktop GE.

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?27464-Load-KML-file-in-Iphone-s-Google-Earth&highlight=iphone+test+phone