PDA

View Full Version : Question How to find the relationship between traffic and RTWP

YANG SONG
2011-11-11, 11:04 AM
Dear mods&admin

Through the counter analysis, we can find the RTWP and call relationship? Everyone in other cities is related working experience?
If who have the relevant material or experience document, thank you for your sharing

thanks

kin12345
2011-11-11, 03:24 PM
Dear mods&admin

Through the counter analysis, we can find the RTWP and call relationship? Everyone in other cities is related working experience?
If who have the relevant material or experience document, thank you for your sharing

thanks

You can find the rtwp counter for sure but nothing related to the traffic though.

YANG SONG
2011-11-11, 04:38 PM
You can find the rtwp counter for sure but nothing related to the traffic though.

thanks your answer.When traffic is very heavy, I'd like to know your RTWP is?do you have 2th carrier?

kin12345
2011-11-11, 05:03 PM
thanks your answer.When traffic is very heavy, I'd 21986like to know your RTWP is?do you have 2th carrier?

I have attached a picutre which contains 2nd carrier as well. As you can see even that we have 65 erl the rtwp still within the threshold say -100. The only thing that you will get high rtwp is when you have a outside source of interference such as someone is using the same frequency, etc.

YANG SONG
2011-11-11, 05:44 PM
I have attached a picutre which contains 2nd carrier as well. As you can see even that we have 65 erl the rtwp still within the threshold say -100. The only thing that you will get high rtwp is when you have a outside source of interference such as someone is using the same frequency, etc.

we have set is not a outside source of interference ,The RTWP is rising with the ul load, but i don't know the relationship between traffic and RTWP? maybe Our equipment has some products issues or other reason.

you just said 'As you can see even that we have 65 erl the rtwp still within the threshold say -100',i want to know the 65 erl is How long the statistical value.can you give me picutre about : the relationship between erl and RTWP(one cell and 24h).Every hour a statistics.

sorry My English is very poor.

hope your answers.

thanks a lot
yangsong

kin12345
2011-11-11, 05:48 PM
we have set is not a outside source of interference ,The RTWP is rising with the ul load, but i don't know the relationship between traffic and RTWP? maybe Our equipment has some products issues or other reason.

you just said 'As you can see even that we have 65 erl the rtwp still within the threshold say -100',i want to know the 65 erl is How long the statistical value.can you give me picutre about : the relationship between erl and RTWP(one cell and 24h).Every hour a statistics.

sorry My English is very poor.

hope your answers.

thanks a lot
yangsong

you can do a frequency scan near this site to see if someone is transmitting the frequency and check the alarm for this site to see if there something to do with the radio, amplifieer, etc.

YANG SONG
2011-11-11, 06:18 PM
you can do a frequency scan near this site to see if someone is transmitting the frequency and check the alarm for this site to see if there something to do with the radio, amplifieer, etc.

do you have something about ul load managment.can you share?

kin12345
2011-11-11, 06:59 PM
do you have something about ul load managment.can you share?

sorry i dont have.

YANG SONG
2011-11-11, 10:16 PM
sorry i dont have.

ok thanks very much

D33T0X
2011-11-12, 12:13 AM
I don't think that it's possible to build an equation that relates traffic to RTWP - I'm looking to both figures only when I suspect HW issue or interference on cells.

YANG SONG
2011-11-12, 01:09 AM
I don't think that it's possible to build an equation that relates traffic to RTWP - I'm looking to both figures only when I suspect HW issue or interference on cells.

maybe you are right, but In UMTS, the uplink interference may vary due to several factors, such as the number of users in the cell, the Service, Connection Types and Conditions of Radio, etc..

so i want to know , relates traffic to RTWP?

And now,I have found a similar phenomenon, and look for the root reason.

thanks

jayk
2011-11-12, 03:01 AM
Uplink Load Factor is related to Uplink Noise rise as per attached graph.

Traffic to RTWP curve also has similar pattern, but difficult to calculate because different kind of service contribute differently to RTWP.

kin12345
2011-11-12, 11:00 AM
maybe you are right, but In UMTS, the uplink interference may vary due to several factors, such as the number of users in the cell, the Service, Connection Types and Conditions of Radio, etc..

so i want to know , relates traffic to RTWP?

And now,I have found a similar phenomenon, and look for the root reason.

thanks

it will be more related to ec/io when your site is loaded. You can always check on a certain busy hour drive test's ec/io.

YANG SONG
2011-11-12, 02:50 PM

may be you are right
I also began to think so, but through the observation data of a few days,the RTWP will be recove when the cell have few traffic on night maybe this is coincidence, but this kind of situation not only appear in one cell.

Thank you for your attention,I will continue to focus on the problem.

D33T0X
2011-11-12, 03:29 PM
True, good graph but again if you have a HW issue on site becomes irrelevant - RTWP sky high without traffic. Or if interference - again same thing. Difficult case, this RTWP thing is tricky.

agenov
2011-11-12, 04:16 PM
Ask Huawei to give you more details how they do rtwp testimation/measurement and feedback.

may be you are right
I also began to think so, but through the observation data of a few days,the RTWP will be recove when the cell have few traffic on night maybe this is coincidence, but this kind of situation not only appear in one cell.

Thank you for your attention,I will continue to focus on the problem.

YANG SONG
2011-11-12, 11:45 PM
it will be more related to ec/io when your site is loaded. You can always check on a certain busy hour drive test's ec/io.

you are right, ec/io is an auxiliary method,i Usually watch the UL ROT,and the traffic's RB setup.

thank you

kin12345
2011-11-13, 12:34 AM
you are right, ec/io is an auxiliary method,i Usually watch the UL ROT,and the traffic's RB setup.

thank you

so now u know that RTWP is not related to traffic at out. it is just a interference indicator.

agenov
2011-11-13, 01:22 AM
What does it mean RTWP is not related to traffic volume?

so now u know that RTWP is not related to traffic at out. it is just a interference indicator.

YANG SONG
2011-11-13, 11:49 PM

when the cell have about 50% load, ec/io may down about 5-10db,this is normal .ec/io is only an auxiliary method,not a root reason. Along with the increase of the uplink load,the ul ROT increase. I think our equipment had some wrong when the ul traffice increase.According to the parameters set, when the ulROT=8,the RTWP is -100db,so i ask this question,i don't know the relaed to traffic.

how do you calculation the RTWP,Directly through the nodeb or RNC?

cococrunch
2012-04-04, 06:46 PM
RTWP is total UL load of a cell. This includes but not limited to,

Own cell interference Traffic(AMR,UDI,PSR99,HSPA,etc)
Other cell interference - UE connected to multiple cells(too much overlapping)
Internal Interference(Noise floor, loose connections, etc)
External Interference(same freq transmitting other than the operator)

Etc..

bino
2012-04-05, 12:32 PM

Thanks for your answer, it easy to understand the RTWP VS traffic.