PDA

View Full Version : ISHO and Inter system measurement

kass33
2011-11-09, 11:39 PM
Hello,

During the ISHO, the UE reports IS measurement about GSM celles with the strongest RSSI signals to RNC. How many cells can the UE measure ? (because i have confused across a document where some say 6 cells max and others 32 neighbours can be measured).

in other hand , do the RNC must have a considerable reports to do it is average ? do this number is configures from this parameter " GsmMeasAveWindow ".

Please any clear definition of this parameter : GsmMeasAveWindow ?

Thanks in advance

D33T0X
2011-11-09, 11:45 PM
Hi,

As far as I know after triggering compressed mode the UE starts to look into the GSM neighbour lists of the strongest last seen cell in the active set or a combination of the GSM neighbours of the cells last seen in the active set (depending on supplier). Normally max number of GSM neighbours is 32 but again this varies depending on equipment used.
What supplier are you using at your location - I might be able to help more?

kass33
2011-11-09, 11:52 PM
What do you mean by supplier ?

D33T0X
2011-11-09, 11:55 PM
NSN/Huawei/E/// - who manufactures teh equipment

kass33
2011-11-10, 12:01 AM
NSN equipment.... in fact am doing test parameter and am beginner, because the ISHO procedure take a lot of time between 12 and 16s. The IS (or IF) measurements takes a lot of times and am searching about parameters and the recommanded values or optimised values to optimise the ISHO procedure and to do it in the short time possible. The parameters that i would have help on their values are :
GSMMeasRepInterval
GSMMinMeasInterval
GSMMaxMeasPeriod
GSMNcellSearchPeriod
GSMMeasAveWindow
GSMncellPriorityCoverage
FMCGNcellSearchPeriod

do you agree me that if i optimised this parameters i will optimise the time of ISHO ? and what will the advantage or inconvenient of changing these parameters ?

Thanks for your help

agenov
2011-11-10, 12:02 AM
About the first part:
It is stated in some UE vendor documentation that during compressed mode UE reporting capability are max 6 GSM strongest cells i.e very limited. Probably you've read that 32 is the max possible neigbours defined that is by 3GPP.

BR

D33T0X
2011-11-10, 12:12 AM
NSN equipment.... in fact am doing test parameter and am beginner, because the ISHO procedure take a lot of time between 12 and 16s. The IS (or IF) measurements takes a lot of times and am searching about parameters and the recommanded values or optimised values to optimise the ISHO procedure and to do it in the short time possible. The parameters that i would have help on their values are :
GSMMeasRepInterval
GSMMinMeasInterval
GSMMaxMeasPeriod
GSMNcellSearchPeriod
GSMMeasAveWindow
GSMncellPriorityCoverage
FMCGNcellSearchPeriod

do you agree me that if i optimised this parameters i will optimise the time of ISHO ? and what will the advantage or inconvenient of changing these parameters ?

Thanks for your help

12-16s is too much. Unfortunately I don't know NSN so I can't help in detail but yes, tuning parameters will decrease the ISHO time.