PDA

View Full Version : High SD congestion and Pathbalance issues

Processor
2011-11-09, 06:16 AM
SDCCH blocking/congestion has risen progressively in my region and it is currently at 22%...they are mostly due to high LU (LAC border issues)...at the moment I have applied CRH which is set at 6(12db) and added additional SD in some cases...I also reduced Max_retrans to 1 to try and getter better KPIs but all of these to no avail...PLEASE advise on other parameters or timers that could help me reduce sDCCH CONGESTIN

Also how is one able to tell if there's an uplink or downlink issues on a TRX from looking at a Pathbalance plot?..at what value or threshold is Pathbalance alarming?

PLEASE I need all the help, strategy and explanations

jayk
2011-11-09, 08:10 AM
it looks strange that SD congestion increased suddenly due to LU issues(LAC Border issue). If it is really due to LAC border issue then it can be solved by increasing SDCCH, that you have already done. You can also check your Periodic Location Update timer and change it to 4 or 5 hours.

Path Balance is checked differently for different vendors. Which one are you working Huawei, NSN or E*******?

ErlangB
2011-11-09, 05:14 PM
hi,
check which cells have high SD congestion, then check deeply if they have hardware problem , any change in the database , any new sites surrounding them and any new activity near to them for example new road or new market...

if this congestion is not suddenly i suggest to do re plan for the border of the location area.
Thanks

chronix_ray
2011-11-09, 06:42 PM
I suggest LAC redimensioning/splitting. Check you LAC borders. There are many considerations for SDCCH congestion.

daweho
2011-11-09, 09:15 PM
Is the sudden outburst across your entire region or just within some few clusters? Check your counters to help narrow down the problem.

kasisi
2011-11-09, 11:13 PM
You have mentioned of LAC borders I suggest have a look at you borders see if the LAC is not along busy areas if then i would sugget you change you LAC border